• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Cabelas has always asked me and makes a DL check.

IL residents can purchase from IN but it isn't worth the work and cost. There are waiting periods and the gun would have to be shipped to an IL FFL to be then transfered to the IL resident purchaser.

Being it isn't worth all the work most shops won't let you look if you are from IL. What's the point if you won't be purchasing move to the next guy in line. Even if the IL resident wanted to purchase and make it happen the shop won't do it. It's not profitable and a time burglar and fear of doing something illegal and wrong.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    With all the media attention about Illinois felons buying guns from Indiana gun stores and the enormous potential civil liability that this entails, why wouldn't Indiana FFLs implement policies to protect themselves?

THIS! If the gun is used in a crime, and tracked back to that store, it's press they don't need. It could very well endanger the business.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Just hold on - Indiana gets a Democrat Gov., Bayh gets back in and Hillary wins - we will see an absolute flood of regulation heaped upon retailers, manufacturers and the individual gun owner.

Precisely! And that is why, even though both candidates for the presidency are repugnant, we must nevertheless hold our noses and vote Republican. Otherwise we will see the 2nd Amendment be withered away and in that case we won't even need INGO.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Precisely! And that is why, even though both candidates for the presidency are repugnant, we must nevertheless hold our noses and vote Republican. Otherwise we will see the 2nd Amendment be withered away and in that case we won't even need INGO.

Page 39 of the DNC Platform....and this is what they are openly admitting!!! Makes an ID at Cabela's seems minuscule.

While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets.

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    Thanks for posting that mcapo.

"While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities"... We are going to do our best to eliminate them.

Gun Collector

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2016
    Shelby County
    On the flip side of this post, I travel and have purchased firearms several times in Illinois. It's always the same routine: "Show me your FOID card. What? You are from Indiana? Lucky you. Look away to your hearts content. Oh, you want to buy that? No problem. A 24 hr waiting period and you are good to go. Thanks, please come back again". Weird, its almost like these guys enjoy us Indiana guys coming in and taking guns out of their state. I think Rahm is paying these guys a bonus to ship firearms out-of-Illinois.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    On the flip side of this post, I travel and have purchased firearms several times in Illinois. It's always the same routine: "Show me your FOID card. What? You are from Indiana? Lucky you. Look away to your hearts content. Oh, you want to buy that? No problem. A 24 hr waiting period and you are good to go. Thanks, please come back again". Weird, its almost like these guys enjoy us Indiana guys coming in and taking guns out of their state. I think Rahm is paying these guys a bonus to ship firearms out-of-Illinois.

They have stores that sell firearms in Illinois? Who'd of thunk it!

Top Bottom