• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Something else to consider... did the rounds FEEL that wimpy? at the max load the recoil ought to be noticeable, if it really were HALF what it should be, you'd notice and the semi-auto probably wouldn't cycle.

.38 and .45 loads were developed before I had a chrono. I basically loaded them to where they ran the guns reliably and subjectively felt similar or very slightly lighter than standard factory ammo. I had no complaints about the loads until I put them through the chrono.

Still waiting for a nice sunny day to test the .38s again.

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I can tell you some of the things that I have learned over the years with an Ohler 35P.
    Set it up as rigid as possible.
    5' in front of muzzle has proven to work from 22lr to 404 Jeffery.
    After EVERY setup, prior to recording anything you want to measure, shoot a known 22lr as a control. (Very important)
    I have found within reason, sunshine is not fussy to my chronograph, but rigidity is.
    Some advice from experience that you may not like: don't chase numbers! Guns vary, publications lie, etc.....
    Do not interchange components because someone told you that those are the same. Whenever you change anything, change only ONE thing at a time.
    Take very studious notes.
    Stay safe,
    Doug

Top Bottom