• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crashn2me1961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Get a look on your face like you are guilty ... turn around ... run like you have something to hide ... stop ... turn around and walk back in like nothing happened.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I believe those detectors are set to go off when a special tag attached to an item isn't removed or deactivated. They are not metal detectors and should not go off because you are carrying a gun. I have walked thru literally thousands of them in 30 years and never had one go off. Metal detectors are very expensive pieces of equipment and I doubt Walmart or Home depot would spend money on such a machine. I always have a belt, coins, watch, gun, and keys on me, and they have never triggered the alarm. Something else on your person must be causing the alarm to go off, I don't believe its the gun.

Besides, they couldn't be a metal detector. Think about all those people pushing shopping carts through; people in wheelchairs, strollers, etc.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Well CVS and Walgreens detectors sound off when I carry (ingress and egress) just a simple beep. I got tired of wondering if it was my gun so I left it in the car and went back and bought something and left. No beep in either direction. I suspect there is a low power metal detector in them and it takes a lot of metal to set them off. Nobody has ever bothered me about it - they usually look at me and shrug it off. I'm referring to the stores in Fishers along US 37.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    If you are positive it's the gun, then strip it down looking for an RFID tag. Who knows, maybe they put 1 in there to be funny. Mag well, a little adhesive, and a very funny gag that someone struggles to locate. I can see someone doing that.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I had a pair of work boots come from a boot truck with a sensor molded in the insoles. Luckly commie world didnt carry my brand of boots or I would have been in the pokey!!!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    :tinfoil: Don't worry, it's just the implanted device behind your left kneecap from your last alien abduction that's setting them off. :tinfoil:

Go to a scrap yard and pay the crane operator $20 to scramble it with that big electromagnet and you'll be just fine :laugh:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think it's the ammo you are using, the new one with the RFID chip so that the government can keep an eye on us by satellite.
    I think I actually read something about ammo and RFID chips, for real, after gun control they are thinking about ammo control.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    chiappa-firearms-microchip-identification.jpg

"The Chiappa Group is currently introducing the RFID system in its production chain, applying a microchip identification to all the weapons it is manufacturing. The microchip is writeable, even several times, both in the visible and in the protected area of ​the weapon. It is difficult to remove, therefore the microchip accompanies the weapon forever, providing all the information gathered – and upgradeable – concerning the production cycle, as well as commercial information, the registration and data on the property. It is easy to imagine that the constant tracking of the weapon constitutes a virtually total impediment to the theft or improper use of the weapon."

Some guns do really come with a RFID chip inside.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you set it off when you enter, you might as well shoplift several items while you're there as they'll be expecting it to go off again when you leave. ;)

Of course, this should not be construed as actual legal or moral advice... :D

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Why would a store that sells hardware have a metal detector at the door?

It may not be a traditional metal detector, nor designed to be one. A byproduct of walking through a RFID detector is when a dense mass of high carbon steel goes through it the single beep we hear is the system alerting to indicate it detects something but cannot read or determine what it is - just a theory.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    i don't know- but it does it with different shoes, different guns. I can't think of anything that is on me constantly that would cause it. seems like the stupid door alarms are pretty useless- they go off so much that they are going to be ignored!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    i don't know- but it does it with different shoes, different guns. I can't think of anything that is on me constantly that would cause it. seems like the stupid door alarms are pretty useless- they go off so much that they are going to be ignored!

Have you tried going naked? :):

Go naked one day to make sure it's not you, then each day add a new piece of clothing until you find out what makes the alarm go off.
    Next day: wear only shoes.
    Day after: shoes and a hat.
    Etc ...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Note: this would make the suggestion in post #31 more difficult

...but not impossible.

I agree, not impossible. :):

You will have to choose wisely the items you want to steal, preferably small items at first until you get more "skilled".

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I used to work at Lowe's. We would take the rfid's off of the inside of boxes when customers unpacked their purchase to fit them in the car. Then you could covertly droop them in a vest pocket of a coworker and let the fun begin.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I used to work at Lowe's. We would take the rfid's off of the inside of boxes when customers unpacked their purchase to fit them in the car. Then you could covertly droop them in a vest pocket of a coworker and let the fun begin.
    :laugh:
    At my work, some sneaky people cover the black strip on our time cards with electric tape, so they don't scan at the time clock.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom