Seven Felony Convictions and Deported Five Times.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hear that? You're apparently a white nationalist if you're pissed that an illegal alien killed an innocent woman.

DQPRdNgUMAAmNvt.jpg:small

So apparently being a "white nationalist" isn't as new as I thought it was. Posted dated 12-05-17.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So if I'm understanding the conviction being overturned; it's o.k. to shoot and kill somebody if you only had the gun in your possession during the actual moment the trigger was pulled, right?

****in' California!:noway::noway:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    He was convicted on a felonious possession charge based on the judge's instructions. The instructions were in error.

I don't know about you, but I'm not overly fond of prosecutors who take the low road.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, if a convicetd felon buys a gun illegally from a gunrunner is there some inverse statute of limitations? Some minimum time of posession necessary to be guilty of possession? Can't the police stop someone immediately after participating in a drug deal and charge them with possession? Why should having control of a firearm be somehow different? If someone steals your car and is stopped a block away, are they in possession of your car or not?

impeachment of judges needs to become a 'thing'

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So, if a convicetd felon buys a gun illegally from a gunrunner is there some inverse statute of limitations? Some minimum time of posession necessary to be guilty of possession? Can't the police stop someone immediately after participating in a drug deal and charge them with possession? Why should having control of a firearm be somehow different? If someone steals your car and is stopped a block away, are they in possession of your car or not?

Apparently if you pick up a gun, shoot someone, then immediately put it down, you've done nothing illegal. I guess it's like the "5 second rule" if you drop a piece of food on the floor and decide to pick it up and eat it within 5 seconds... it's all good.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Of course, your questions have nothing to do with the facts in the case. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

The only relevant fact is, after he was deported the first time, let alone FIVE times, he should never have been allowed back in this country, and she would still be alive. But thanks to sanctuary city policies, Democrat politicians would rather coddle illegals for votes rather than protect American citizens. Prove me wrong.

Cities or states providing sanctuary for illegals should be stripped of all federal funding, for everything from roads, to healthcare... everything. Not a penny for anything. Furthermore, businesses employing illegals should be shut down. Every. Single. Division operating within the U.S.. That might start to get some attention.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If you want to pick the fruit from that tree, the law enforcement officer whose gun was used in this incident should also have been charged.

I'm not in support of illegal entry or sanctuary cities, but given the circumstances here, I can see aggressive/unethical prosecutors pushing the envelope on the law for their own purposes. And it could happen in Indiana and well as in the land of snowflakes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you want to pick the fruit from that tree, the law enforcement officer whose gun was used in this incident should also have been charged.

I'm not in support of illegal entry or sanctuary cities, but given the circumstances here, I can see aggressive/unethical prosecutors pushing the envelope on the law for their own purposes. And it could happen in Indiana and well as in the land of snowflakes.

He should have been charged for having his gun stolen? Perhaps, if he left his vehicle unlocked (I'm not familiar with the circumstances in which it was stolen), then I would agree that he should be held accountable in some way, but he did not pull the trigger. A person that should never have been in the country to begin with did.

The politicians that enacted the policies to allow him to stay should definitely be charged as accessories to murder.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    He should have been charged for having his gun stolen? Perhaps, if he left his vehicle unlocked (I'm not familiar with the circumstances in which it was stolen), then I would agree that he should be held accountable in some way, but he did not pull the trigger. A person that should never have been in the country to begin with did.

The politicians that enacted the policies to allow him to stay should definitely be charged as accessories to murder.

A ricochet shot being charged as murder....

.....I guess we don't see eye to eye on this one.

Whether he was here illegally, or whether it was your unsupervised teenage son in the same circumstance shouldn't matter.

The court overturned the verdict based on bad instructions on a case that shouldn't have been tried on that law in those circumstances. There are other charges that could have been brought with more serious penalties. They weren't. Hard to quarterback this one now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Vigilantism is often rationalized by the belief that proper legal forms of criminal punishment are either non-existent, insufficient, or inefficient.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Odd, I thought the facts were that this particular POS was in possession of a firearm (stolen from LEO) at the moment that a shot was fired that fatally struck an innocent bystander via ricochet. I thought the facts were that a POS judge dismissed his conviction because the previous judge's instructions to the jury didn't allow for some ridiculous 'I just found it lying there and it went off' argument involving how much time of possession counts as actual legal 'control' of the weapon

The questions strike to the heart of the issue the case turned on - what would be the common sense definition of possession. It is not as if LEO dropped the weapon on the pier and it bounced into his hand and went off. He is responsible for every decision made once the weapon was in his hands, just like you and I are. I fail to see how having had 'possession' enough to be susceptible to lesser charges can somehow morph into not having enough possession for the most serious charge. I could see arguing for a lesser degree to the murder charge due to intent, but in no respect can I see the indicated rationale for dismissal

Judge is twisting justice to suit politics. Unfortunately not unusual but still worthy of opprobrium

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Illegally here, repeatedly.........obviously doesn't care about law. May not have given a crap where the bullet went.
    Don't think if what was reported true, that he committed murder.
    He did kill somebody and proly doesn't give a rats azz about it.
    That's a POS.
    Put a .22rf in his ear canal.
    Don't sweat it, there will be others needing same.

If they do turn him loose, being a Sanctuary City...........think the guy should be doing daycare for the politicians kids.
    Live in their house.

Top Bottom