• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    My advice to everyone is that they should think about their statements very carefully before making them. I learned the hard way that sometimes you make statements that you know you can't back up. I've always said that if someone hurt one of my daughters that I would kill them. Now I get to eat crow because I know that my family would not be better off because I kept my word.

So, my new saying is, if someone hurts my daughter - I will do everything I can to make sure justice is served.

:+1:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Follow up story.

When deadly force is justified | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

"The underlying premise is that victims of crime can have an opportunity to defend themselves if they choose to do so," said Andrew Arulanandam, a spokesman for the National Rifle Association, which has been a supporter of the push for stronger laws.
    But other advocates and state lawmakers say the expansion of such laws could promote violence as a means of retaliation and point to examples of the laws' abuse in other states.
    "The concern I've had is that by changing well-developed law, maybe we're encouraging more people to shoot first," said Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, which has opposed the strengthening of force laws.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I think it was the emoticon rattling off a machine gun that kinda put me over the edge.

Thanks for the support from those who did.

To reiterate, I am glad that those being victimized were able to protect themselves, and I am glad that a threat is now over, but I cant ever be glad someone is dead. Lets all try to uphold the principles this nation was founded on and see to it that Justice is done, as Rookie suggested, rather than make generalized macho statements about how badass we all are.

I wont even bother getting into whether sexual predators are capable of rehabilitation, but I will add that we would be fools to forget that someday we will all need to beg forgiveness from someone.

Hate the sin, not the sinner.

In closing, Im glad that the innocent are still innocent and safe.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I never mentioned respect toward the criminal. I mentioned respect for the concept of human life. <snip>

I do respect human life. And that's why I'm glad that POS is dead.

Alive, and continuing doing what he was doing he is a threat to human life everywhere.

As it is that threat is gone. No pleas about a troubled childhood to try to get sympathy from a jury. No gaming the system to be a "model prisoner" and get an early release. No paperwork errors causing evidence to be tossed out putting him back on the street. He's gone and kids whose human lives I have a lot more sympathy for are safer because of it.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The Indiana law that justifies use of deadly force for people defending themselves, their home or others in danger is seldom used, but this week's case involving a Northwestside family brings it to the spotlight.
    (emphasis mine)

Why do they spread lies like this?

In 2006, Indiana lawmakers strengthened the law to state that a person can use deadly force without first trying to back away from danger. Rep. Eric Koch, R-Bedford, who wrote the bill, said it was implemented to assure crime victims that they can defend themselves without fearing prosecution or a lawsuit.

This is very misleading. Indiana by the way of case law has never required retreat, and the staute that gives them immunity to civil liability has been on the books for years.

In Texas, a man killed two unarmed people who had broken into his neighbor's home.

The (older) man was rushed by the perps (young hispanics) as he stood on his own property, the case was reviewed and he was vindicated.

If you don't wan to get shot, stay the hell off other peoples property, keep you theiving hands off other people's stuff, and don't threaten people when confronted.

The Indy Star is crap, and they pass this drivel off as "news."

"What the law ought to do is look at the circumstances," Smith said, "rather than giving people carte blanche authority to use deadly force."

Never has and still doesn't.

Even with broader laws in place, he said, he hopes residents will protect themselves without acting rashly.

Guy comes in your baby girl's window, naked, armed with a knife, he's standing over her... You have two choices: act "rashly" or watch her die.

"Hey, man, put the knife down, let's talk about this like reasonable human beings."

He's standing naked over your daughter with a knife. Exactly what part of that picture makes you think he's a reasonable human being? Some people watch way too much TV.

Last edited:

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    If this is possible I see both sides point of view.

First of all I blame our justice system for this guy being in the girls bedroom to begin with. I do not believe a convicted sexual predator should ever walk the streets again, with all of the repeat offenders that have repeated the same crime over and over again, they cannot be rehabilitated. I also do not believe in life in prison. If someone has committed crimes in which he cannot be released back into society, they should be executed. All they are is a burden on the taxpayers.

I do not take the loss of someone's life lightly. I have been in combat and have seen people die. Just being around it totally sucks.

Now, this man not only saved his daughters life, but also her quality of life. I have heard of cases where women were raped and abused repeatedly, and it messed them up so bad that they had severe mental issues that prevented them from living a normal, happy productive life. I don't know about anyone else, but to me that is just as bad if not worse than death.

If it would have been my wife or one of my daughters I would have done everything in my power to save them as well. If the BG dies, I consider it his problem.

As I read the posts in this thread, I didn't really get the attitude that anyone was rejoicing that someone died. What I picked up on was people were happy that for a change the BG died instead of someone who is innocent. My hat is off for the dad who had the courage and resolve to do what he had to do.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    People who act like animals have given up their right to be treated as humans, and as such should be handled like the cur dogs that they are.

sixspeed042

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    granger, IN
    i read...cringed...i laughed!!!!! i think there was a CSI episode about something like that....this dudes daughter was raped or killed or something by a sex offender, so he looked up the addresses of all the area sex offenders and started killing them one by one. something like that.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think it was the emoticon rattling off a machine gun that kinda put me over the edge.

Thanks for the support from those who did.

To reiterate, I am glad that those being victimized were able to protect themselves, and I am glad that a threat is now over, but I cant ever be glad someone is dead. Lets all try to uphold the principles this nation was founded on and see to it that Justice is done, as Rookie suggested, rather than make generalized macho statements about how badass we all are.

I wont even bother getting into whether sexual predators are capable of rehabilitation, but I will add that we would be fools to forget that someday we will all need to beg forgiveness from someone.

Hate the sin, not the sinner.

In closing, Im glad that the innocent are still innocent and safe.

+1

Top Bottom