Shannon Watts is bullying another business. Pulls out all the crazy.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OCTexas just got booted from Sonic and Chilis.

****in' stop. They aren't even protesting the law. They're just putting restaurants that are generally friendly to us in a tough spot.

Last edited:

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    From the jaws of victory we valiantly snatch defeat. I wonder how many of these incidents are MAIG/Mikey Bloomberg/Sarah Brady/Shannon *watts false-flag OPs.

I wonder about that too but it doesn't necessarily have to happen that way. Open Carry Texas is getting the word out somehow that these rallies are going to take place. All Moms Demand Action has to do is send someone to the area, attend a an open carry rally with 500-800 people, follow a few hungry guys to a restaurant, and say something like, "Excuse me, I am a huge fan of what you are trying to do. May I take your picture?" Presto! Email said picture to the administrators at MDA's Facebook page. I believe Open Carry Texas is trying to crack down on this by asking their members to not eat at restaurants or post pictures of themselves but with such a large diverse membership that could be hard to do. All MDA needs is one picture from somewhere. I visited MDA's Facebook page before posting here and the picture they used could have been obtained from anywhere. Just like with Chipotle, they are pushing their members to contact Sonic and Chili's and demand gun-free zones. Yes, open carry folks can sometimes play into MDA's hands. I believe if Open Carry Texas members were to completely stop carrying into restaurants, MDA would find another way to use social media to motivate their followers. It is proving to be way too effective for them to just abandon it. It is a PR war and they are doing a good job of it so far.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/22/chilis-gun_n_5374826.html

In the link I just posted, the woman could have been oblivious to the whole gun debate until the firestorm with Chipotle. Now, if she was a liberal, she could be furious and filled with self-righteous indignation that these men would be brazen enough to carry rifles into an eating area. Now, she could be angrily demanding management to throw the men out. These men were no threat to her and were legally carrying their rifles. Like I said earlier, it is PR war we are in. I personally wouldn't carry a rifle to eat but that doesn't matter. MDA will push and keep pushing their members with lies if the truth is not convenient for them.

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Even though OCT have looked like fools recently, we need to remember that Starbucks and Chipotle still haven't actually banned guns. They've only requested they not be brought in to their restaurants. It's more of a non-statement from the businesses designed to get MDA off their backs.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    OCTexas just got booted from Sonic and Chilis.

****in' stop. They aren't even protesting the law. They're just putting restaurants that are generally friendly to us in a tough spot.

Didn't see the videos posted in this thread:

Chili's:

[video=youtube;LtUOopHPlMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUOopHPlMc[/video]

Sonic:

[video=youtube;_VJPMeXQ6xk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJPMeXQ6xk[/video]

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I wonder about that too but it doesn't necessarily have to happen that way. Open Carry Texas is getting the word out somehow that these rallies are going to take place. All Moms Demand Action has to do is send someone to the area, attend a an open carry rally with 500-800 people, follow a few hungry guys to a restaurant, and say something like, "Excuse me, I am a huge fan of what you are trying to do. May I take your picture?" Presto! Email said picture to the administrators at MDA's Facebook page. I believe Open Carry Texas is trying to crack down on this by asking their members to not eat at restaurants or post pictures of themselves but with such a large diverse membership that could be hard to do. All MDA needs is one picture from somewhere. I visited MDA's Facebook page before posting here and the picture they used could have been obtained from anywhere. Just like with Chipotle, they are pushing their members to contact Sonic and Chili's and demand gun-free zones. Yes, open carry folks can sometimes play into MDA's hands. I believe if Open Carry Texas members were to completely stop carrying into restaurants, MDA would find another way to use social media to motivate their followers. It is proving to be way too effective for them to just abandon it. It is a PR war and they are doing a good job of it so far.

Chili's Considers New Gun Policy

In the link I just posted, the woman could have been oblivious to the whole gun debate until the firestorm with Chipotle. Now, if she was a liberal, she could be furious and filled with self-righteous indignation that these men would be brazen enough to carry rifles into an eating area. Now, she could be angrily demanding management to throw the men out. These men were no threat to her and were legally carrying their rifles. Like I said earlier, it is PR war we are in. I personally wouldn't carry a rifle to eat but that doesn't matter. MDA will push and keep pushing their members with lies if the truth is not convenient for them.

You make some really good points.

Top Bottom