• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Saw a new Kel-Tec Sub 2000; Glock 9 mm mag verion, at a LGS for what I thought was a good price...$399. This would be great compliment to my G19 being able to use same mags and ammo. I've watched reviews and read articles that it's a fun gun to have. Any thoughts?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Pretty good price, I would grab it if I were you.

I like mine. I have a thing for takedown weapons for traveling. Mine goes in a an old green tanker tool bag with my pistol and several extra mags along with some 30 round ones when we head someplace like the in-laws up around Lafayette. Check it out good, I think most are G17 mag configuration and some are G19 config. If you have a 19, its magazines will not work in the Sub2k if it has the G17 grip. Now it is plastic and can be cut down. I have seen that posted online someplace, the owner did it because he had a ton of G19 magazines and the longer mags will still fit.

TR1032

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Johnson County
    I've enjoyed mine. It has been reliable, and the folding makes it really convenient to take along. I wish I had been able to find one that takes Glock 19 magazines instead of the 17's, but it did give me good excuse to buy a 17.

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I had the 40 cal and absolutely hated it. It was no fun at all to shoot, kicked worse than any shotgun or rifle I've ever shot. Sold it at a gun shot.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Ugly, funky and functional. Son has one. Shoots well for what it is. Good pack or trunk gun.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I didn't care for the recoil on mine. Also, if you have a beard, expect hair to be ripped out every time you fire a round off.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I really like mine. The front sight does suck, however. I need to get the Red Lion setup and be done with it.

Its more than accurate enough for what it is. 5 rnds touching at 25 yards using Federal cheap-o ammo. It easily pounds a silhouette target at 100 and 200 yards. Little to no drop at 100, maybe a foot and a half at 200.

I've grown a beard since the last time I've had mine out...sounds I'm in for a surprise.

I don't feel ripped off having paid $400 for mine a couple years ago, but I'd been looking for one for a while at the time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another INGOer has the Red Lion fore end
    Sub 2000 Forend (Base unit, no rails)
    R6-2T.jpg

You can pull on the collar, then rotate it.
    This lets you mount an optic on it. To fold the gun, pull collar, rotate.
    When you unfold the gun, pull collar, rotate.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Thanks for all the great replies; positive and negative. I'll have to double check just which Glock mag version this one is since I have the G19. I've seen the Red Lion aftermarket stuff too and it looks like a great addition...another gun to accessorize...more $$$.

No beard here so that won't be an issue. Is it from the charging handle/bolt that trims them?

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    We keep ours in a laptop bag with 17 and 33rd mags so they will work with any 9mm Glocks we toss in with it for travel. You can carry it right in to a hotel or any place use to seeing laptop bags without a second look from anyone. I also have a Pelican case that can hold 3 Glocks, mags, a can. When the GF traveled the week of 9/11 I told her to pick one.

Its a $300 gun that now sells or $400 and it folds. In seven years all I have done is rip off the front sight that was one of the infamous "canted front sight guns." You can make hits with the OEM sight IF it is on straight but I say replace it with an AK sight or a Red Lion sight, even if it is aligned properly. Truly the biggest POS front sight I have ever laid eyes on but the gun has always shot good groups. If you plan to spend a lot of money on one, do an AR instead. If you want a real shooter, buy the Beretta.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    We keep ours in a laptop bag with 17 and 33rd mags so they will work with any 9mm Glocks we toss in with it for travel. You can carry it right in to a hotel or any place use to seeing laptop bags without a second look from anyone. I also have a Pelican case that can hold 3 Glocks, mags, a can. When the GF traveled the week of 9/11 I told her to pick one.

Its a $300 gun that now sells or $400 and it folds. In seven years all I have done is rip off the front sight that was one of the infamous "canted front sight guns." You can make hits with the OEM sight IF it is on straight but I say replace it with an AK sight or a Red Lion sight, even if it is aligned properly. Truly the biggest POS front sight I have ever laid eyes on but the gun has always shot good groups. If you plan to spend a lot of money on one, do an AR instead. If you want a real shooter, buy the Beretta.

Being able to share mags and ammo with any Glock 9mm and having it in a small carry setup is a great selling point. Thanks for your insights.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That is a good price. I have had four of them over the years. It is one of those guns I buy every once in a while thinking I will like it more THIS time. I just can't fall in love with them. However, I have had a Glock 22 version, Beretta 92 version, Glock 19 (they do exist) one and currently have for sale a Sig version that can also use CZ mags. Next time I buy one, probably in a year or two :rolleyes:, I will convert it for S&W 5900 mags. I will say of the four I have had, all have been completely reliable.

I've enjoyed mine. It has been reliable, and the folding makes it really convenient to take along. I wish I had been able to find one that takes Glock 19 magazines instead of the 17's, but it did give me good excuse to buy a 17.

You can chop the grip, pretty common mod and basically what Keltec does.

If you have a beard, expect hair to be ripped out every time you fire a round off.

I never noticed this but I am a lefty so that probably saved me.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I have the G17 mag version, it's the most fun to shoot out of anything I own. The front sight does suck badly, so I'll have to invest in the Red Lion soon. I keep my beard short, so I don't have any hair ripping experiences.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I had one for a while, but a buddy of mine really wanted it so I traded it. Wish Id never got rid of it. Now I cant find another one. So if you can get one for $399 that's a very good price, Id say go for it.

Top Bottom