SHARE, SHARE, SHARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    A link from AP: https://apnews.com/ef2a88b3ff724350a2a6d331c7863472

It is sad that there is a gofundme page already out there for buying ladders to go over the wall.

Doug

PS - It has gone up 50% to over $9 million since the article was written!

Why is that "sad" What's sad is people are throwing more of their hard earned money away while you people in congress sitting on millions and wasting money.

The wall is a joke. It will not happen. It will not prevent people from getting into this country. It is just a political motivator and drove lots of support from rural communities.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Why is that "sad" What's sad is people are throwing more of their hard earned money away while you people in congress sitting on millions and wasting money.

The wall is a joke. It will not happen. It will not prevent people from getting into this country. It is just a political motivator and drove lots of support from rural communities.

What is sad is that there are people out there donating money for the sole purpose of violating our sovereign territory in violation of law.

Regards,

Doug

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Heard about this on WIBC this morning. They reported it's up to 11 million now?

Edit - Just checked it, $12,387,440 now. Building fast...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Whats more important? The bell ringers in front of every store or the wall that we know will better our country?

Tough one really. The bell ringers usually help children in need, which I have a deep sympathy towards. On the other hand a wall protects those same children. But, knowing our government, I’m betting if we raised 6 billion to build the wall, handed them the check, we would still get no wall and they would get a nice hefty Christmas bonus. If we are going to donate to build it ourselves, we need to hire our own contractors to build it ourselves also. Old saying, want something done right gotta do it yourself.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Whats more important? The bell ringers in front of every store or the wall that we know will better our country?

I'll go with the Salvation Army every time....and the premise of your question is flawed. Raise every penny that it would take to build the wall and there would still have to be laws passed to build it. Honestly, volunteering to give the federal government money. I just don't get how anyone thinks this is a good idea.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Tough one really. The bell ringers usually help children in need, which I have a deep sympathy towards. On the other hand a wall protects those same children. But, knowing our government, I’m betting if we raised 6 billion to build the wall, handed them the check, we would still get no wall and they would get a nice hefty Christmas bonus. If we are going to donate to build it ourselves, we need to hire our own contractors to build it ourselves also. Old saying, want something done right gotta do it yourself.
    And we could probably use cheap immigrant labor and save a bunch of money. ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    BTW:

"The Bureau of the Fiscal Service may accept gifts donated to the United States Government to reduce debt held by the public. Acting for the Secretary of the Treasury, Fiscal Service may accept a gift of money, only on the condition that it be used to reduce debt held by the public."

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/gift/gift.htm

This means that Congress would have to pass a law and the President would have to sign it to spend the money in a different way other than general debt reduction.

[What's that HoughMade left in the punch bowl?]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think it's a good idea to keep the funds private. The government is crazy inefficient. Surely there is a way have the govt to oversee private building of the wall?

Lets just get the money first. That will make a huge statement. That is what the libs and NeverTrumpers DO NOT understand and never will. A huge statement from the American people (possibly smart Mexican people also,) like this can mean as much as the actual physical barrier it represents.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I think it's a good idea to keep the funds private. The government is crazy inefficient.

A huge statement from the American people (possibly smart Mexican people also,) like this can mean as much as the actual physical barrier it represents.

It would be an absolutely groundbreaking statement, probably one unlike anything the world has ever seen, but I’m with HoughMade on this one, i honestly believe if gov really wanted to do this they would’ve done it already.
    Doesn’t seem too far fetched that the whole debate about the wall is a extremely powerful political prop used by both major parties - the proof is in how much trump voters truly want the wall to be built and how much anti-wall ppl truly despise the idea of a wall. It’s incredibly polarizing.

But this is a complex issue and I can surely see myself changing my mind with more facts coming to light

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I think it's a good idea to keep the funds private. The government is crazy inefficient. Surely there is a way have the govt to oversee private building of the wall?

Generally I’m very pro privatization but like others said, border security is one job that the Fed gov is actually supposed to do, and we pay plenty for them to do it.

One more thing that has me skeptical — think of the precedent this sets if it’s successful. Even more reason for gov to toss their duties to the wind and waste even more money if they see that people will spend MORE money out of their own pockets to get what they truly want done. I don’t have any proof for this though, pure skepticism.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    BTW:

"The Bureau of the Fiscal Service may accept gifts donated to the United States Government to reduce debt held by the public. Acting for the Secretary of the Treasury, Fiscal Service may accept a gift of money, only on the condition that it be used to reduce debt held by the public."

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/gift/gift.htm

This means that Congress would have to pass a law and the President would have to sign it to spend the money in a different way other than general debt reduction.

[What's that HoughMade left in the punch bowl?]

Your concern is addressed in the body of the narrative on the funding page.

BTW why all the angst over what others are doing with their hard earned money? Folks on here act like atheist railing against people who believe in something that they don't aspire to!
    Why?

Is it just an incipient desire to comment about everything that comes down the pike or what?

Nowhere in the OP was there an invite to dissect every nuance and throw out ridiculous suppositions and stomp one's feed like a petulant child !

Top Bottom