• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I can't believe I've never seen this thread before. I hit 3 Goodwill stores on a regular basis. There is a huge difference in the pricing methodology from store to store. Basically, the folks working there just take a stab at what things should cost and it varies quite a bit. The one at 31 and 146th street (by the Target) is one of the best by far. I'll have to start taking pics of all the stuff I've gotten there. (Half of what we own as a family)

BTW, the logic of the "goodwill" benefit behind the store is that by shopping there you are helping them employ and train folks to be more employable. It is not meant to be a store just for certain people to shop at. You are not gouging in on somebody by shopping there, you are helping. That is my take anyway.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Yeah I need to check out Goodwill this weekend I haven't been there a while. I got a freestanding punching bag there for $25. I turned around and sold it three months later for $60. I think they are about $120 new.

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can find some good deals at Goodwill but,make sure what they charge you is what the price is. I went to the Goodwill north of Mooresville picked up 4 long sleave t-shirts and two regular shirts and the cashier tried to charge me the price of regular shirts ($4.29) for the t-shirts ($1.99) because of the sleaves. I won't go back there again.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Keep supporting Goodwill. They do so much with autistic and learning disabled kids. I really love those people.

W24P

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    I frequently get old furniture to refinish there. Found an old sewing able earlier this month.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Gosh, I can't begin to name off the items I've gotten at a Goodwill. I'm a huge thrift store person. A LOT of out bob items have been purchased there. You never know what you'll find at Goodwill. But I have to admit, I like privately owned thrift stores better.

What kind of BOB items have you found?

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My son is growing so fast, I can't keep him in clothes! I went there and found him Aeropostle and Hollister brands that he likes. Very cheap and in excellent condition!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I did some volunteer work there for a class speech. It's amazing at some of the clothes that get dropped off. Some of it was name brand stuff that looked like it was never worn.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    We usually donate a truckload of new/gently used clothing, toys, electronics, sporting goods, etc to Goodwill every year or two.

Basically what ever doesn't sell at our yearly yard sale get's loaded up and donated.

I'll occasionally stop in there & look around but I generally never find anything that I want or need, except mason jars.

I usually can find a few mason jars (I always need more of them) & very rarely I'll find some depression era or carnival glass ware to add to my collection.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've found that all of the ones I've been in reek and can't bring myself to breath the fetid air long enough to find any deals. More power to you all!!

Now garage sales, that's another thing!!:rockwoot:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I found a bag that was just the right size for the "only taking one gun to the range" days (instead of lugging around the huge Midway bag for just one thing).

Roomy middle for a gun rug and several boxes of ammo, interior zip pocket for my keys/phone/wallet.
    Exterior side pockets for ears/eyes/water bottle/whatever...
    Heavy duty leather straps to support it all...

It was a dollar.

IMG_1215.jpg

Top Bottom