• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    But I thought dictators are bad and democracy is good?

Careful what you wish for. You may get it.

In five years we'll have another continent full of religious zealots looking to liberate us too.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    What I REALLY don't understand...Why our govt comes out and starts supporting rebels and turning on the leader of another country, when if americans were doing the same thing, they would be acting just as Quadaffi did.

Is anyone surprised that Sharia extremists are part of the takeover? Nope. Egypt, Libya, you name the "new democracy" in the Mid East, they are Islamic extremists.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But I thought dictators are bad and democracy is good?

Careful what you wish for. You may get it.

In five years we'll have another continent full of religious zealots looking to liberate us too.

I agree 100%. I won't even lie, outside of the US, in nations filled with AK totin', shoe throwin', head choppin', women oppressin', no alcohol drinkin', suicide vest wearin', people... dictators aint all that bad. They typically keep their people in check. Once an iron fisted dictator is removed, you might as well have already opened Pandora's Box.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Yup. The bad guys are being replaced with likely more bad guys.

It's a case of "the devil we know" vs "the devil we don't know."

Tony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Yup. The bad guys are being replaced with likely more bad guys.

It's a case of "the devil we know" vs "the devil we don't know."

Tony

I'm more on the fence of "pick a freakin' side". If we topple this new government by spending even a single soldier's life I am going to be beyond angry. :xmad:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    He called on Libyans to show "patience, honesty and tolerance" and eschew hatred as they embark on rebuilding the country at the end of an 8-month civil war.

Islamic Sharia law would be the "basic source" of legislation in the country and that existing laws that contradict the teachings of Islam would be nullified

How do you say "contradiction" in Arabic?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Ah, the Arab spring....

Individual liberty under attack, mob rule democracy on the rise... and fearless leader encouraging it all the way.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Egypt and Libya had to have regime changes. They had SOBs in power, but they were secular SOBs. The caliphate the Islamic fundamentalists desire can't form without every country surrounding Israel being controlled by sharia governments. Next step: make Israel defend itself against Muslim aggression, then use the UN "Responsibility to Protect" to invade Israel in the name of defending the poor defenseless Palestinians. Israel first, USA next.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Egypt and Libya had to have regime changes. They had SOBs in power, but they were secular SOBs. The caliphate the Islamic fundamentalists desire can't form without every country surrounding Israel being controlled by sharia governments. Next step: make Israel defend itself against Muslim aggression, then use the UN "Responsibility to Protect" to invade Israel in the name of defending the poor defenseless Palestinians. Israel first, USA next.

Right on target.

They took the green light as soon as fearless leader stepped foot into the Oval Office.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

I think you forgot the part where nukes suddenly start sprouting up out of nowhere. Israel is hardly going to go down with those still available. Damascus at least will be radioactive rubble.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I think you forgot the part where nukes suddenly start sprouting up out of nowhere. Israel is hardly going to go down with those still available. Damascus at least will be radioactive rubble.

And you forget the first nuke fired will not be the last. If Israel were to fire one, they will be set upon by Pakistani and Russian missles, requiring a US, NATO and Indian response, drawing the Chinese into the mess. I'm pretty sure the world won't be a very nice place to live for several thousand years.

This is whers that whole isolationist doctrine falls apart. You can't ignore world affairs when the world dictates your actions and reactions.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I think we would be foolish to believe that Iran and its allies do not already have nuclear weapons.

Top Bottom