• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Hello all, recently purchased my first Glock. After a range trip, the finger grooves are a deal breaker. I wasn't able to find a gen 5 and I'm perfectly fine with keeping my gen 3 so I'm here to ask if there is a professional stippler within a reasonable distance of Whitestown/Zionsville? Would like the finger grooves removed and a mild undercut on the trigger guard, no grip stippling. Appreciate it!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Touch it with a dremel or iron and you will kill the resale value.

Talon grips are cheap and may fix it for you enough to get through time to catch a Gen 5. Then you can sell off the Gen 3 at a reasonable price,
    with the Talon's as a feature to be used or removed.

Gen 5's still pop up in the classies every now and then. Also, you can always rattle the cage with a WTB add. "WTB - Seasoned Gen 5 G19 in the $450-$500 range"

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    One can do it themselves if they take a bit and do some practice.
    Suggestion, get a few old / used polymer standard AR grips off ebay (maybe $5 each) and practice on them...
    grind 'em, dremel 'em, sand 'em, etc., and get comfortable with what you're doing and use that to build some confidence.
    Use a sanding wheel for the bulk...then switch to a dremel tool to get it close, but not 'finished.'
    Then, put the grip in a vise and use 1" wide x 11" sandpaper, in an alternating 'criss-cross' pulling method
    (such as with an old, two-person, cross-cut saw) to evenly smooth out the grip, being careful to go
    a little bit at a time and to stop short of where you think it should be and try it out before proceeding.
    Never say, "I can't..." Have an 'I have to learn or teach myself...' attitude or approach!
    It takes time...go slow...but it can be done.
    Here's a 3-pin Gen 2 Grip that was one of the first one's I did...a rounded trigger guard, a mild undercut, a slight heel reduction,
    and a light tree bark stipple...knocked the 'edges' off and it fits my smaller hand like a fitted glove!

49BYLIW.jpg

bAVh9xk.jpg

wIr9FhI.jpg

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Personal Weapons Development has done several for me. He can be a little slow but does great work and will do as little or as much as you want. He's South Indy, just south of County line road off of 135. This was a Gen 3 and what feels good to me. He has pictures on Farcebook and other social media if you want to look at more of his work.
    1612003451276.jpeg

Attachments

• 20190713_162428.jpg
      20190713_162428.jpg
      781.2 KB · Views: 8

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Here’s my 19. I didn’t take the finger grooves all the way down, and did the undercut.

Attachments

• B5D31BC1-3FAC-49F2-9A2F-297B90B95388.jpeg
      B5D31BC1-3FAC-49F2-9A2F-297B90B95388.jpeg
      2.9 MB · Views: 15

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    What about removing the finger groves completely. My Glock 20sf groves do not match up with my hand.

I removed a majority of a Gen 4 Glock 21 frame...but left the rounded 'dips' in between the finger bumps and made it feel a lot better! Removing them completely is very doable...just be careful to just remove the bumps and not to get too thin overall!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom