• ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My wife bought her first gun!

A trusted friend wanted to "thin his herd" and showed me a little gun he was carrying. I didn't really need it, but my wife had been talking about wanting to buy her first gun, so I called her to come up to look at it... she liked it and she bought it.

She got a like new Kahr CM9, with a Kahr factory polished feed ramp and sear, one 6 rd mag, Fobus holster, and 57 rounds of Federal Champion for $400.

I'm so proud of her. :)

Last edited:

45 x 11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Southwest IN
    I hope she still likes it once she shoots it... Fantastic and beautiful gun, but the experience isn't for everyone. Only one way to find out - take her to the range and have some fun! :)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Congrats to your wife. The Kahr is a very good little gun. I have one and often carry it, but it is not for everyone. A few things to be aware of:

• The trigger is very different from a Glock. Not bad, but different.
    • The CM9 only allows for a 2-finger hold on the grip, which makes it very concealable, but a little more of a handful when shooting.
    • Due to the design, it has very stiff springs, so she may have problems racking the slide. If she does, PM me as there is a technique that makes it much easier.
    • Kahr recommends a 200-round break-in period. If you haven't, you should check if it has been broken in with the seller.
    • A very good resource for Kahr-specific info is: KahrTalk Forums

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    The gun does only have 43 rounds through it, my friend showed us the slide-stop loading method Kahr reccomends, and my wife already knows the push-pull method of racking that I think you are refering to. I will be getting her the 7 round mag with extension to help with gripping it.

I have tried hard to get her a firm understanding of the basics with my P95. Now she can learn to apply them to her own gun.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I don't leave the house without my CM9. I can carry it in jeans and a t-shirt, would never know it's there. A pair of shorts in my front pocket (Galco pocket holster). Would never know it's there. My only complaint is the mags don't fit 100% flush, but oh well. I just painted the bottom 1/2" of all mine black.

I've only put 200 rounds through mine but each one went bang! Different brands, haven't found anything it doesn't like yet.

I did have a slight concern about the polymer wear at about 100 rounds in. I think the wear I was seeing was my own fault, from agressively racking the slide hundreds of times to loosen up the stiffness. When you fire it, the slide goes directly back and forward. There is no force pushing it down like you may have from sloppily racking it. The wear isn't any worse after another 100rds so I blame myself for the original polymer concern I had. I'll keep an eye on it, though.

Get her some Talon grips, too. The rubberized ones are nice. I found the polymer grip on the Kahr to be too aggressive for comfort. The stick on Talon grip is much more comfortable and doesn't jeopardize gripping ability.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Get her some Talon grips, too. The rubberized ones are nice. I found the polymer grip on the Kahr to be too aggressive for comfort. The stick on Talon grip is much more comfortable and doesn't jeopardize gripping ability.

I got her 3 sets of the "limited edition" pink rubberized TractionGrips.

Top Bottom