• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Thank God! I thought it was bad shopping for shoes with my wife. She finally settled on her first handgun. XD9SC. I'm glad she found what she liked. Now I just have to find a deal on one. She handled ~30 handguns and shot 4. She likes the trigger on my XD9 4''. The recoil is fine for her. She said my S&W 6906 had too much recoil, the DA/SA trigger pull was not her thing. She was leaning towards a G26 but the grip angle didn't fit her well. The only thing that troubles me is she has a hard time racking the slide. Maybe she just needs more practice :dunno: I'll post a video. She had all her rounds within the "mugger" target. You can see her target was further out than most other people. Doesn't look far in the pictures though. Some guy was shooting a Desert Eagle .44 and it was loud in that tiny range. Freaked her out a bit, I didn't like it either.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgMuZyDBmk8?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgMuZyDBmk8?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    well good deal it helps when they finally find one that they like, budsgunshop used to have good prices on those for the whole package, but not sure anymore

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Congrats my wife still can't deside... We are making progress though she handed me her CCW form filled out today. Small victories!!! She has had that form for over 10 months!

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Just thought about it I bought my last 2 springfields (xd and XDm) on gunbroker.com saved over hundred dollars over anything local in my area (evansville IN) on both. Thats with FFL and shipping.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Times sure have changed, back in 1980 I bought my wife a colt detective special with zebrawood grips at a sale. She sure was happy and still carries it every day.:)

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Times sure have changed, back in 1980 I bought my wife a colt detective special with zebrawood grips at a sale. She sure was happy and still carries it every day.:)

I told her she was too picky, but then again I want her to be 100% comfortable with it. The 3mags + mag holder deal with XD's sounds good.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    It seems the XD9sc is a really common first handgun choice for women... anecdotally at least. My wife chose that as her first handgun as well, and I've read of at least two others here that reported the same.

Top Bottom