• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Thank God! I thought it was bad shopping for shoes with my wife. She finally settled on her first handgun. XD9SC. I'm glad she found what she liked. Now I just have to find a deal on one. She handled ~30 handguns and shot 4. She likes the trigger on my XD9 4''. The recoil is fine for her. She said my S&W 6906 had too much recoil, the DA/SA trigger pull was not her thing. She was leaning towards a G26 but the grip angle didn't fit her well. The only thing that troubles me is she has a hard time racking the slide. Maybe she just needs more practice :dunno: I'll post a video. She had all her rounds within the "mugger" target. You can see her target was further out than most other people. Doesn't look far in the pictures though. Some guy was shooting a Desert Eagle .44 and it was loud in that tiny range. Freaked her out a bit, I didn't like it either.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pgMuZyDBmk8

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's a great choice, and will serve her well!

The XD doesn't have a particularly hard to rack slide, she should be able to get the hang of it. Make sure she's keeping the grip safety depressed. I've known people new to the gun who twist the gun a bit to get maximum leverage on the slide, and accidentally let off the grip safety in the process.

Top Bottom