• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    My door bell doesn't work and I am far from the door so you can knock all you want.
    The best strategy, I think. Unless you are not ready to spend a lot of money on a special camera with intercom system. All my friends and neighbors have my phone number, other people are not welcomed in the middle of the night.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not surprised. Since I don't do FB, I tried nextdoor for my neighborhood. I didn't last a week. The stoopid was too much. I couldn't take it. Promptly removed myself.

The general public for the most part is clueless.

I have Nextdoor but rarely post on it. It's good for Intel on things like package thieves and car break-ins (most common factor seems to be unlocked cars and blind spots) and the local PD posts info there. It does require a bit of "filtering".

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    What I'm getting from this thread is that I should only open my front door if I am naked, is that right?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is not a dangerous story but kind of funny. I was reading the paper one night and a woman opened the front door and walked into my living room. She stood there dumbfounded with a beer can in one hand and a cigarette butt in the other, which she continued "smoking" not even realizing it was not lit. I told her she was not welcome and she should leave. She stood there confused and pee'd her pants. I gently guided her by the shoulders and walked her to lean on a tree in the parkway. I called the Police, and they hung up on me... twice. I am sure they thought I was a prank call. The 3rd call they listened and sent someone out. She was still leaning against the tree with wet pants, drinking an empty beer and smoking a cigarette butt when they came and picked her up. SInce then the doors stay locked even when I am home and awake.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I answered the door at 11pm one night and I didnt recognize the individuals.... turned out it was the neighbors kids who just wanted to tell me that my inlaws left their car lights on...... Ohh the Horror.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The best strategy, I think. Unless you are not ready to spend a lot of money on a special camera with intercom system. All my friends and neighbors have my phone number, other people are not welcomed in the middle of the night.

If you are beating on my front door I already know you are not a friend.
    Put a system in place. Adhere to it. It might save your life.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What I'm getting from this thread is that I should only open my front door if I am naked, is that right?

I did it once, turned out it was my older (65-70ish)Aunt... It was early morning after a late night. Her and my Uncle stopped by and didn't know my new number. I had gotten in about 4:30-5:00 and it was about 8:00 when she knocked. I opened the door, she glanced down, I glanced down and said hold on and slammed the door.

This is not a dangerous story but kind of funny. I was reading the paper one night and a woman opened the front door and walked into my living room. She stood there dumbfounded with a beer can in one hand and a cigarette butt in the other, which she continued "smoking" not even realizing it was not lit. I told her she was not welcome and she should leave. She stood there confused and pee'd her pants. I gently guided her by the shoulders and walked her to lean on a tree in the parkway. I called the Police, and they hung up on me... twice. I am sure they thought I was a prank call. The 3rd call they listened and sent someone out. She was still leaning against the tree with wet pants, drinking an empty beer and smoking a cigarette butt when they came and picked her up. SInce then the doors stay locked even when I am home and awake.

But was she hot?

If you are beating on my front door I already know you are not a friend.
    Put a system in place. Adhere to it. It might save your life.

I can agree with this, but one thing to remember is just because they are not your friend, doesn't mean they are your enemy. Case in point the post about neighbor kids knocking to tell them car lights were left on.

Well, for some it might be a mousegun.

:)

So a 1911? Or is that only a Churchmouse gun?

Top Bottom