Shemane Nugent arrested at TX airport with gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why not just turn them away?

This is an honest mistake anyone could make with the rush involved in travel at times. No way on earth should this be considered criminal or arrest worthy...

iamhdr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Why not just turn them away?

This is an honest mistake anyone could make with the rush involved in travel at times. No way on earth should this be considered criminal or arrest worthy...

I agree. This does not seem arrest worthy.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Like the woman who forgot she had her gun in her handbag, when she went from Indiana to Illinois and then into a court house, I don't think she should be prosecuted. However, if there's a LAW against it then yeah, she's going to need a lawyer because she broke the law.

Yeah just misread this title
    Yep. Me too... :ugh:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    :hehe:..... I was going to title it Ted Nugent wife blah, blah, blah........, but this has nothing to do with Ted (other than being his wife) and her name does look a lot like shemale... if you just take a quick look... :)

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    I don't understand how people can "forget" where they left their loaded gun. I've been shooting and carrying for 8 years now and have never forgot where I put a gun.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I don't understand how people can "forget" where they left their loaded gun. I've been shooting and carrying for 8 years now and have never forgot where I put a gun.
    1. Where does the article say the gun was loaded?
    2. What are you implying by putting the word forget in quotation marks?
    3. I have never forgotten a gun either, but I'm also not a lady and don't off body carry. It happens, shame on her but I hope for her sake that nothing comes of it because I see it as a mistake with no ill intent.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

1. Where does the article say the gun was loaded?
    2. What are you implying by putting the word forget in quotation marks?
    3. I have never forgotten a gun either, but I'm also not a lady and don't off body carry. It happens, shame on her but I hope for her sake that nothing comes of it because I see it as a mistake with no ill intent.

In a similar context, I've forgotten my gun before. My employer prohibits firearms on their property. On several occasions, I've forgotten to store my gun in my vehicle before going in to the office. It wasn't an intentional act of disregard for their rules but had I been caught by the right person, I probably would have been "disciplined" accordingly. For those of us that carry everyday, I don't think it's so far fetched to believe somebody simply forgot.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't understand how people can "forget" where they left their loaded gun. I've been shooting and carrying for 8 years now and have never forgot where I put a gun

Divided attention. The phone rings, kids, laundry, inter alia.

If you have not misplaced a gun, consider yourself lucky. It happens. We need to be aware of it so we can prevent it.

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    I don't know anyone who carries an unloaded gun, so I figured it was loaded. And part of being a responsible gun owner is knowing where your guns are at all time. Glad she forgot it in her bag and not somewhere where a kid or someone else could get to it and something bad happened. It's stuff like this that gives people who carry a bad name.

Top Bottom