• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I'm not sure, but on 1430 am Abdul is going to be talking about his trip to Indiana. IIRC, around 0700.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    saw on his facebook he is making a trip to indiana to speak at a few events about immigration. does anyone know anything about what events and where they are? it would be priceless if he came to bloomington:laugh:

Welcome to Facebook

I believe he is in Sullivan, Indiana at a Fundraiser on 8-21 in the PM. Tickets are (were) available. Do you want me to find out more?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    CORYDON, Ind. - An Arizona sheriff known for his efforts against illegal immigrants will be speaking at three Republican Party fundraising events around Indiana this week.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he'll talk about his support for Arizona's law cracking down on people suspected of being in the country illegally.

Arpaio is to speak Friday at a GOP dinner in Plainfield, followed by events Saturday in the southern Indiana cities of Sullivan and Corydon. Harrison County Republican chairman Scott Fluhr says he jumped at the offer to have Arpaio visit as part of the swing through the state organized by Indiana GOP national committeewoman Dee Dee Benkie.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Joe is a great Jailhouse manager .
    A better politician .
    A federal Bureaucrat - DEA .
    A poor CONSTITUTIONAL Sheriff .
    ( the last comment has nothing to do with immigration enforcement . He appears to be doing a good job there . )

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A better politician .
    ( the last comment has nothing to do with immigration enforcement . He appears to be doing a good job there . )

All right, I'll bite: To which of his actions as Sheriff do you refer as being "unConstitutional"?

RomanDad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Orange County CA
    All right, I'll bite: To which of his actions as Sheriff do you refer as being "unConstitutional"?

Namely he has used the Sheriffs Department to intimidate, harass and bully OTHER government officials (most notably Board of supervisors and Judges) with whom he has political disagreements. The guy uses his "Tough on crime/tough on immigration" image (both of which are great policies) as a political opiate of the electorate to allow him cover to act in VERY shady and probably unlawful ways.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Originally Posted by Duncan
    A better politician .

Could it be asking for I.D.:dunno:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    My phone calls with Joe

Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    A better politician .

To answer your question directly .. I can recall NO ACTIONS .

If you would read on ....

This a combination of two different times I talked to Joe on KFYI 910 AM Phoenix .
    When KFYI was still at that frequency years ago .. early 2000 's ( ? )

I called in and asked him if he would arrest someone that was carrying a concealed sidearm . ( back then there were no permits given to AZ citizens . )

He said he would . I then brought up the AZ Constitution :
    Format Document
    and the US Constitution and reminded him of his oath of office .

At this point he started in on his hyperbole of enforcing laws , being Americas toughest Sheriff , etc. ... I ask if we could get back to the question at hand and he in a very condescending tone asked if I was a lawyer ... interesting question to answer a question . No I said . He started talking about how I sounded like one ... well we're up against the clock sorry we have to go click ... dial tone .
    No answer to the question after the break .

Fast forward a couple of years and he is sitting in for Bob Mohan on drive time talk .

He has an FBI agent in , I think the guy was just appointed the new director of the Phoenix division ... anyway I call in and get on .
    I ask the agent where in the Constitution does it authorize a national police force ? I. E . the FBI .
    He informs me that congress passed act " xyz " that created the FBI .
    I re asked the question , where is the authority at in the Constitution ?

At this point Joe steps in and asks if I am one of those guys that believes the Sheriff is the top law enforcement officer of the county ...Yeah I do . Never acknowledging that the Sheriff is ... Then he starts talking about how good the FBI is out there fighting the good fight and how he worked real hard in the DEA fighting drugs in South America .. so on so on .. call time up ... commercial .. dial tone .

I have called into talk radio quite a bit ... I have even sat in at a couple of stations before as a counterpoint guest .. I understand the clock .. and that you are a slave to it behind the microphone .

He would not deal with the question .. redirect the subject ( cheap Jedi mind trick ) , protect his guest .

You guys can believe what you want .. yes he runs a good jail and has saved Maricopa county a ton of money and he looks good on Fox news when they interview him .
    He appears to be doing a good job with the invasion from Mexico .. the pink underwear .. chain gangs ... tent city and the Sheriff's posse save money . But he rides 'em like a government mule when he gets on TV.
    Everything Joe does is for and about Joe .. plain and simple .
    Now I can't prove it .. but that is what I believe .

If it comes down between your Constitution / Rights and enforcing the " law " ... you're gonna lose. If it comes down to him getting in between you and a Federal agency ... a la Waco or Ruby Ridge .. he will back off and let his old work buddies at the different federal bureaucracies come right on in .

So there you go .. that is the way it happened when I interacted with him and that is the way I see it .

You may now start my crucifixion ..
    Thank you
    Duncan

Crucifixion.gif

Last edited:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Namely he has used the Sheriffs Department to intimidate, harass and bully OTHER government officials (most notably Board of supervisors and Judges) with whom he has political disagreements. The guy uses his "Tough on crime/tough on immigration" image (both of which are great policies) as a political opiate of the electorate to allow him cover to act in VERY shady and probably unlawful ways.

People Afraid

Rank-and-file county staff reveal fear of Sheriff Joe Arpaio

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    To answer your question directly .. I can recall NO ACTIONS .

If you would read on ....

This a combination of two different times I talked to Joe on KFYI 910 AM Phoenix .
    When KFYI was still at that frequency years ago .. early 2000 's ( ? )

I called in and asked him if he would arrest someone that was carrying a concealed sidearm . ( back then there was no permits given to AZ citizens . )

He said he would . I then brought up the AZ Constitution :
    Format Document
    and the US Constitution and reminded him of his oath of office .

At this point he started in on his hyperbole of enforcing laws , being Americas toughest Sheriff , etc. ... I ask if we could get back to the question at hand and he in a very condescending tone asked if I was a lawyer ... interesting question to answer a question . No I said . He started talking about how I sounded like one ... well we're up against the clock sorry we have to go click ... dial tone .
    No answer to the question after the break .

Fast forward a couple of years and he is sitting in for Bob Mohan on drive time talk .

He has an FBI agent in , I think the guy was just appointed the new director of the Phoenix division ... anyway I call in and get on .
    I ask the agent where in the Constitution does it authorize a national police force ? I. E . the FBI .
    He informs me that congress passed act " xyz " that created the FBI .
    I re asked the question , where is the authority at in the Constitution ?

At this point Joe steps in and asks if I am one of those guys that believes the Sheriff is the top law enforcement officer of the county ...Yeah I do . Never acknowledging that the Sheriff is ... Then he starts talking about how good the FBI is out there fighting the good fight and how he worked real hard in the DEA fighting drugs in South America .. so on so on .. call time up ... commercial .. dial tone .

I have called into talk radio quite a bit ... I have even sat in at a couple of stations before as a counterpoint guest .. I understand the clock .. and that you are a slave to it behind the microphone .

He would not deal with the question .. redirect the subject ( cheap Jedi mind trick ) , protect his guest .

You guys can believe what you want .. yes he runs a good jail and has saved Maricopa county a ton of money and he looks good on Fox news when they interview him .
    He appears to be doing a good job with the invasion from Mexico .. the pink underwear .. chain gangs ... tent city and the Sheriff's posse save money . But he rides 'em like a government mule when he gets on TV.
    Everything Joe does is for and about Joe .. plain and simple .
    Now I can't prove it .. but that is what I believe .

If it comes down between your Constitution / Rights and enforcing the " law " ... you're gonna lose. If it comes down to him getting in between you and a Federal agency ... a la Waco or Ruby Ridge .. he will back off and let his old work buddies at the different federal bureaucracies come right on in .

So there you go .. that is the way it happened when I interacted with him and that is the way I see it .

You may now start my crucifixion ..
    Thank you
    Duncan

Crucifixion.gif

crucify you???? i wanna kiss you :): well put together post!! rep given

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Sorry I missed out on this :( I lived in Maricopa County for 2 years while in college, and if you have never been to that part of the country I can tell you first hand there is a HUGE illegal population. Where I went to school in South Phoenix was such a bad area it was truely scary to be in. I really don't disagree with Joe one bit, since if he wasn't doing what he is doing I would only imagine things out there would only get worse. I really wish I could have gone to here him speak since we are only 30 minuets or so from Corydon.

RomanDad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Orange County CA
    He treats criminals like....ahh criminals!! go Joe!!!!
    He treats criminals like criminals.... He also treats noncriminals like criminals. He treats EVERYBODY who disagrees with him LIKE CRIMINALS...

The only people he DOESNT treat like criminals are his deputies who break the law. In that case, the people who try to hold them accountable are the criminals in Joe's mind.... He has turned Phoenix into Alice in Wonderland.

Top Bottom