• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    This thread is nuttier than a fruit cake.

Running around bars and drinking where you are that concerned to think you need a gun is just stupid to begin with. People who need alcohol bad enough to do it are the exact ones who don't have control of their alcohol problem.

If you NEED a drink, you don't need a gun, you need a meeting.

If you can't handle one with out the other do your self and the rest of the world a favor and stay home with your gun and drink. By yourself.

Last edited:

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Sheriff to deputies: Don't mix alcohol, guns - Crime & courts

We've had a few discussions about drinking while carrying a firearm. It looks like LA County Sheriff Deputies will no longer be able to CC a firearm if they are drinking.

Personally, I think that drinking while carrying a firearm is a reckless, dangerous thing to do. I know people will argue that you still need to be able to defend yourself if you are at a bar or restaurant (and drinking), but you need to be 100% in control of your faculties if you should ever have to draw your firearm and possibly end someone's life. Just my :twocents:

AMEN!!

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I don't drink but I try to follow the same rules off the line as I do on the line. Don't mix alcohol, drungs, and guns. Those deputies are held to a higher standard than the general public.

If any of our officers are on medication that could alter their preformance they are to indicate that to the shift commander who will in turn send them back home.

Why give the naysayers another nail to drive into our coffin? None of us are as immune to being prosecuted for an alcohol offence as is his highness the honorable? Ted Kennedy and others way up the ladder whom we should hold to a higher standard.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I must be a retard by most of your opinions... I carry everwhere and all the time. An in 6 years have never had an issue. And I do carry at bars and yes I do have a couple beers early in the night and sober up a few hours to drive. Its all a matter of personal responsibillity.

z56o2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy, Eagle Creek area
    Doesn't carrying a firearm under the banner of personal protection and getting drunk in public completely and totally contradict each other? I can't think of a more efficient way to make yourself completely defenseless than by drinking alcohol. Anyone who's going for a wild night on the town should probably stop kidding themselves and leave the gun at home. And having just one or two beers? why? If you're truly just out to hang with friends why not eliminate the whole issue and drink coke?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Booze or any other mood altering substance and guns don't mix. Period!!!! What is sad is that for whatever reason someone had to make this point in the first place. Sounds like a no brainer to me...

Top Bottom