• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I, John Doe, of said County, do solemnly swear, that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and that I will faithfully execute the office of Sheriff of said County.
    This is the Sheriff's Oath; Joe Arpaio is mistaken that his oath requires him to uphold every single law on the books.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just a thought.

Richard Mack is a former sheriff.
    Judge Napolitano is a former judge turned "TV personality".
    Joe Arpaio is a sitting sheriff who has been elected time after time and is hugely popular with the voters in his county.

Hmmmmmm!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Richard Mack is a former sheriff.
    Judge Napolitano is a former judge turned "TV personality".
    Joe Arpaio is a sitting sheriff who has been elected time after time and is hugely popular with the voters in his county.

Hmmmmmm!
    Barack Obama was elected, too. Doesn't mean either one is any good for this country or their constituents rights. Hmmmm.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Oh, well. How about Teddy Kennedy? Mayor Daley? Marion Berry? Chuck Schumer? Byrd? And the list goes on. Voters often vote for idiots and tyrants. It's been happening in Maricopa County for a while now.

dwagner3701

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    South of Lafayette
    All of your examples are liberal democrats, they kept getting voted in because their constituents wanted hand outs (welfare, food stamps, etc.) like all dems. If they had records of low crime rates then you would have a case. Arpaio keeps getting elected because he is doing a good job.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    All of your examples are liberal democrats, they kept getting voted in because their constituents wanted hand outs (welfare, food stamps, etc.) like all dems. If they had records of low crime rates then you would have a case. Arpaio keeps getting elected because he is doing a good job.
    If he was doing such a great job then his department wouldn't be paying out millions in court settlements for his officers and his mistreatment of the citizenry in that county. He's all flash and no substance and he hates the Constitution, because it attempts to rein him in. One of these days the voters may wake up and see what they've done wrong. I doubt it, tho.

dwagner3701

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    South of Lafayette
    If in fact his dept. was paying out "millions" as you suggest the Gov. would put a stop to what he is doing.
    I've yet to see a criminal or a democrat (aka. minority) admit that they have done anything wrong. If you look in to it I'm confident that you will find a lot of law suits against any police dept. that does its job. Arpaio was told not to arrest the Mexicans....so what.....they are ILLEGALS!!!!

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Actually, I respect BOTH men.
    If you are driving a vehicle, you have to have a legal driver's license. Also, if you don't drive, you are expected to have some form of ID. This applies in every state.

I agree that they shouldn't enforce unConstitutional "laws". But asking someone for ID (or green card if applicaplible) for some infraction of a legal law that everyone else is required to obey (eg: traffic laws) is not out of line.

If you or I were to break the law 24/7/365 like the illegals are, we would be arrested. We would not be "excused" for that crime, nor would we be rewarded for committing it. Think about it.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Sheriff Arpaio is a hero. We have the duty as law enforcers to obey all the laws. Its not our job to figure out if they are constitutional or not. If someone's rights are violated, let the courts figure it out.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Sheriff Arpaio is a hero. We have the duty as law enforcers to obey all the laws. Its not our job to figure out if they are constitutional or not. If someone's rights are violated, let the courts figure it out.

Actually, it is. All law enforcement officers have a DUTY to ensure that each and every order they follow is legal/Constitutional. Are you stating that if the order were given to confiscate firearms that you would follow it?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yep! Just blindly prone out the BG, and maybe step on his neck or something. Hell, you just want to go home safely, **** that guy and his rights. I'm so glad cats like you are "protecting" the rest of us suspects.:xmad: I can't believe there really are people like you out there. Hopefully, your not really a cop, but just play one on the internet.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Actually, it is. All law enforcement officers have a DUTY to ensure that each and every order they follow is legal/Constitutional. Are you stating that if the order were given to confiscate firearms that you would follow it?

How can you pin that repsonsibility on every cop on a beat? Why do we even have courts then?? There is so much controversy i hear from people about the constitution,, that cops could never keep up with it. We are here to preserve the law as it is written. Oh, and I don't follow orders, I follow the Law.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    there are thoughts from both of these men that i admire. I really use to love Joe but alot has comeout about him that i dont approve of. its sounds more like he is trying to be a mafia boss than anything else.

Top Bottom