• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I still beleive that any person/group who has the "authority" to enforce any "law" should be required to know that "law" and to compare it to the Constitutional limits.

How often are new "laws" passed? When and how are they published?
    All "laws" need to have a grace period so that those who are required to enforce said "law" would have a chance to read it and to respond to it if necessary.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I, John Doe, of said County, do solemnly swear, that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and that I will faithfully execute the office of Sheriff of said County.
    This is the Sheriff's Oath; Joe Arpaio is mistaken that his oath requires him to uphold every single law on the books.

Every single law on the book derives from the Constitutional foundation through legislation and settled law, so upholding all laws is upholding his constitutional duty. Only the courts have the authority to determine if the law is constitutional or not.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Every single law on the book derives from the Constitutional foundation through legislation and settled law, so upholding all laws is upholding his constitutional duty. Only the courts have the authority to determine if the law is constitutional or not.

So, you are saying that the "law" DICTATING that we all purchase Obamacare is Constitutional?

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy

Dred Scott v. Sandford

US vs Miller

Kelo v. City of New London

Roe v. Wade

If the Courts say it's ok then it has to be good .

Thanks
    Duncan

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So, you are saying that the "law" DICTATING that we all purchase Obamacare is Constitutional?

It is law now. It will be challenged. If the Supreme Court says it is legal, then it is legal in the eyes of the law and the Constitution. I know that bugs people, but that is the way our system works.

If a law is on the books and considered unworkable, sometimes courts ignore them, if they are unconstitutional, they will only be rectified if a case comes along that challenges that law or a bad past precedent.

The USSC is the arbiter of constitutionality.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    It is law now. It will be challenged. If the Supreme Court says it is legal, then it is legal in the eyes of the law and the Constitution. I know that bugs people, but that is the way our system works.

If a law is on the books and considered unworkable, sometimes courts ignore them, if they are unconstitutional, they will only be rectified if a case comes along that challenges that law or a bad past precedent.

The USSC is the arbiter of constitutionality.
    You're a day late and a dollar short, amigo. Courts are already picking it apart.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Sheriff Arpaio is somewhat of a two edged sword. On one side he is one of the very few law enforcement officials in our state who is arresting and jailing illegal invaders. This has sent many of them packing, much to the chagrin of many of the liberal politicians here, including our worthless Mayor Phil Gordon, who is currently on minute 14 of his 15 minute political career.

On the other side of the coin, his constant, continuing effort to jail every "deadbeat dad" in Maricopa County leaves a lot to be desired. It is a very costly process that accomplishes little to nothing. And I've yet to hear of a father who can support a wife and children from a prison cell or "tent". His grandstanding with the media is good in some regards, poor in others. The retired seniors love him, and most all of them vote. So like him or not, he'll pretty much have the job for as long as he wants it, or until he decides to retire. In that regard he is much like Mayor Richard Daly of Chicago. He runs his own little empire the way he sees fit. Regardless of what others think, or try to do to stop him. Bill T.

Top Bottom