• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sheriff's Deputy removes holster from belt, SIG320 discharges into her leg.

After she reports that "it ain't loaded", she sues SIG. Will Ron Cohen's dreamy blue eyes and Krav Maga skills save SIG? Or, will rainbow power be defeated by a blue wave of litigation?

Guns discharge without triggers being pressed? If only someone on INGO had told us this. But who? Only someone with flowing locks of hair, flowing, bouncing hair, so much hair, could be so wise to tell us that guns discharged without fingers on triggers.

have I told you guys about my 870 at Shootrite?

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...-over-shattered-femur-utqGh979B0CyqihO58D75Q/

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "The deputy said that SIG Sauer misled the public regarding the safety of the P320."

Ok, copper, Uncle Kostya is here to give you a schoolin', eez gon, eez not safe.

Thus endth the lesson. Should have taught you that in the academy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The specifics of that case sound dodgy, but fixing the 320 for the Army while letting unfixed 320s go out to civilians and LEOs is negligence. Sig needs to get their act together.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Sheriff's Deputy removes holster from belt, SIG320 discharges into her leg.

After she reports that "it ain't loaded", she sues SIG.
    https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...-over-shattered-femur-utqGh979B0CyqihO58D75Q/

I'm not seeing anything in that article about her claiming the gun wasn't loaded.

Did you get that from a different source, or is this another one of those instances of 'that's what they all say, so we can simply assume that was her response too?'

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This won't help Sig's cause any:
    ...SIG-manufactured holster...

So they manufactured the holster and the gun. Will be hard for the defense to blame the holster.

I assume they have witnesses, wonder if there is any video of her removing the holster from the belt, etc.

Also, I agree with others. Sig touting the fix as an optional upgrade for the commercial side of the business, will likely not play well if this goes to a jury.

Last edited:

DustyMck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Borden
    Yah I heard all about it when it happened but I thought it was thoroughly proved those sigs in fact had a problem.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Yah I heard all about it when it happened but I thought it was thoroughly proved those sigs in fact had a problem.
    They do have a problem and everyone but sig themselves and sig fan boys will admit it. They are guilty of misleading the public as to the safety issues of this pistol.

With problems arising from the 365 too it will be a long while before I buy a sig striker fired pistol. I can see why the 320 is desirable. It is a very nice pistol.... if it doesn't fire when its not supposed too.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am confused. Most of the article is about the drop debacle. But when talking about this specific discharge, it doesn't mention she dropped it.
    According to the lawsuit, as she fed the belt through the holster’s first tooth, her SIG Sauer P320 somehow “fired one nine millimeter bullet, which hit her in the upper right thigh,” the Blast reported.
    “At no time during this incident did she touch the trigger, which at all times was inside and covered by a SIG-manufactured holster,”

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    After she reports that "it ain't loaded", she sues SIG.

Back on that kick? After your last thread on the topic where the person specifically said they knew it was loaded so they went to lower the hammer I thought you'd finally dropped that particular assumption.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So she didn't drop it, and was merely putting the holster on the belt, so the trigger just magically pulled itself or there must have been some sort of obvious catastrophic failure between the sear/striker then?

deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    I got a couple sigs and got a 320 carry when they first came out. I loved the gun it was super accurate. I traded it off and likely wont get another sig due to the whole mindset of fixing a serious problem with the 320 for the big moneymaker (military) but basically doing nothing for civilians and LEO.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I got rid of my P320 because I wanted to switch to TDA for carry. The added bonus was jumping ship from a company that seems to be pursuing short term growth at the cost of long term viability.

Top Bottom