She's Back! Feinstein is at it again! NSSF Posted Today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, at least I didn't throw my vote away when I voted for Coats. I had my reservations, but so far I have no complaints...at least when it come to gun control.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No, a leopard does not change its spots, however, I think this may not be the correct metaphor for Coats. See... A leopard's spots are not subject to education. In the years you mention, 1991-1993, *I* was not particularly pro-gun. I was not anti-, per se, but I saw nothing wrong with waiting periods, limits on certain people, limits on certain guns, etc. Since that time, I've gotten a pretty fair education. You would be hard-pressed to define me as anti-gun rights in any sense of the term. I can't say that the same is not true of Mr. Coats.
    Further, I thought I'd seen where he did admit mistakes in re: the bills you mention and his attitude in general at the time. I might be mistaken on that, (I can't find a link) but I'm thinking I remember one. Regardless, Jim Zumbo made some pretty bad statements, lost his show, etc., and then spent some time with Ted Nugent getting things explained to him. I think he DID apologize, but I'm less inclined to believe his apology is anything more than a desire to still be able to make some money. I recognize that Coats might be just looking to stay in office, too. His record has been unwaveringly pro-2A since his return to office. I am not an apologist for anyone, I'm simply looking at facts. My estimation of the man, so far, has been favorable.

Trust, or not, at your choice, but be careful as to the reason why. Education and facts are both powerful, and once someone's eyes are opened, I think it's pretty hard to close them again in this context.

Blessings,
    Bill

A leopard doesn't change its spots, and he hasn't apologized or admitted mistakes for his past voting record upon firearms. I'm sure that he is just waiting for the right moment to vote for gun control measures again.

He has supported such measures as:
    1. Biden-Thurmond Violent Crime Control Act of 1991.
    2. Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993.
    3. Feinstein Amendment 1152 to the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1993.

Top Bottom