• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I think we all saw this coming with the full size and compact M&P 2.0. I just saw this on the Smith and Wesson home page. https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms#/?series=174
    if this is a repost please forgive me.
    Jim

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Looks like all they did was add some stippling and unusable front slide serrations..... Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade, and with the original versions selling for well under $300 with extra mags, why would anyone buy an M2 version for over $400???

Am I missing something?

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Not sure if I just got lucky, but my .45 Shield is AWESOME! Trigger is great for OOB, shoots comfortably & is actually a pleasure to shoot. 100% with any type ammo (FMJ, HP)

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I think I am with everyone else so far. I’m not really that excited on this one. The best part to me is being able to get an original for a reduced price. With the talon grips I use I don’t see anything on th the M2 that makes me want to lay out more cash to replace what I believe is a great pistol.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have officialy switched back to shield from glock 43.
    Reasons for switching:
    - Holds 1 more round with the flush magazine and 2 more rounds with the extended mag than the 43. With single stack pistols every extra round you have is an advantage.
    - mag release is easier to use without breaking my grip
    - Comes with metal sights standard from the factory
    - less felt recoil and easier to grip therefore better accuracy.
    - crowned barrel and barrel doesn't stick out past the slide so less likely to be damaged if dropped or hit on the front.
    - cheaper

These are my own reasons. Your experiences may vary. I have a lot of rounds down range with both pistols, not just a couple mags. So I've based my decisions on what's best for me.

I switched from M&P to glocks a few years ago and while i do love my glocks, I still like the feel of the M&P better in my hand. If the M&P 2.0 compact would have been out back then, I would have never switched to glocks.
    I'm almost too vested into glocks now to switch back. I have lots and lots of mags and several glock pistols.
    If I switched back to M&P I'd be out a lot of money. I'm notwealthy enough to keep my glocks and mags and start over again with M&P.

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have officialy switched back to shield from glock 43.
    Reasons for switching:
    - Holds 1 more round with the flush magazine and 2 more rounds with the extended mag than the 43. With single stack pistols every extra round you have is an advantage.
    - mag release is easier to use without breaking my grip
    - Comes with metal sights standard from the factory
    - less felt recoil and easier to grip therefore better accuracy.
    - crowned barrel and barrel doesn't stick out past the slide so less likely to be damaged if dropped or hit on the front.
    - cheaper

These are my own reasons. Your experiences may vary. I have a lot of rounds down range with both pistols, not just a couple mags. So I've based my decisions on what's best for me.

Interesting. I like my G43 but I am not married to it. A Shield 2.0 would be something to consider. Still don't care for the triggers of the ones I have handled though.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Interesting. I like my G43 but I am not married to it. A Shield 2.0 would be something to consider. Still don't care for the triggers of the ones I have handled though.

The trigger is I also feel a weak point of the shield and the full sizes. I used to have aftermarket triggers in all of my S&W pistols and will again in my 2 shields soon.

My wife carrys her shield every day and has for years. She loves it

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My old shield was one of the only tolerable factory triggers I've ever had. If it wasn't a .40, I would have never sold it.

Now.....My glock 43's stock trigger.....that thing is borderline unusable.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Looks like all they did was add some stippling and unusable front slide serrations..... Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade, and with the original versions selling for well under $300 with extra mags, why would anyone buy an M2 version for over $400???

Am I missing something?

I held one...it felt the same as the 1.0, just courser. I decided while I want a 2.0 9c...I don't want a 2.0 Shield.

I have the Apex in my Shield...and the only 2.0 9c I have fired had Apex parts as well. So no idea how the trigger is in comparison.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If I ever decide to carry a single stack 9mm again I would gladly pick up another Shield. I've owned several and they are IMO one of the best on the market. I recommend them to people frequently for most of the reasons that TT mentioned.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They are pretty awesome. I won't sell my glock 43 for one, but I wouldn't hesitate to own a shield. Stock, I even think they are better than the G43.

If I ever decide to carry a single stack 9mm again I would gladly pick up another Shield. I've owned several and they are IMO one of the best on the market. I recommend them to people frequently for most of the reasons that TT mentioned.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I am very happy with my PC 9mm Shield. Has a really decent trigger though I don't get the need for the ported barrel.

Would like to add a 45 Shield someday but not for any particular reason.

The 2.0 Shield is a bit of yawner after the Sig P365 dropped err...bad choice of words....after the Sig P365 was released.

Top Bottom