• ...and so much more!
  • Fitcop73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Greetings everyone,
    Curious if any of you have the shield in 45. I am very interested in this one but just wondering if the trigger has been improved and how does it shoot?
    Thanks

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I don't have one, but I watched several reviews on youtube. The reviews I have read and watched have said the trigger is very similar to the 9mm, but they have made some improvements in other areas.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I do & plan on a range report, but on vacation.

Summary:
    112 flawless rounds, 2-types of hollow points (230gr HST & 230gr Golden Sabre), & 230gr Blue Bullet reloads.
    I love it, never noticed recoil, very accurate, comfortable.

I had fits with XDS .45 (bought, sold 2) with failure to return to battery & light primer strikes. Others had no issues with same Guns, had to be me. However, no issues of any sort with the Shield 45.

Now to to pray for spare mags.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Of all the single-stack polymer .45's out there, the Shield looks appealing...and I would like to shoot one in .45 acp as the 9mm Shield shoots very nicely!

I have a Glock 36...it's been my EDC for nearly 4 years now and I'm very happy with it!

Good luck with the Shield version!

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I absolutely love my 9mm Shield, the only thing I wish S&W would change/improve is to add more texture to the guns gripping area. I bought the Shield because for me it filled my requierments for a HG that had a extremely high level of concealability that would allow me to carry it any time regardless of dress, combined with very good accuracy and excellent ergonomics/shootability better than anything else I could afford, and IMHO as good or better than many guns I looked at costing 1-1/2 to 2x as much.

I have no doubt the 45 Shield will be the equal of everything the 9mm Shield is.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    any one wishing to try one out bring a box of ammo and meet me at the new haven ky gun club range I have only fired 2 rounds out of mine thus far so my opinions are worthless.

GaryXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I carry my 45 Shield every day. It's larger than my 9mm Shield but the slimness makes it just the right size for carry.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    A buddy brought his over to the backyard I got to test drive it. I've pocket carried a shield 9mm for a year or two, and picking up the shield 45 was very natural for me. It shot very well me, and I was impressed. The way S&W textured the grip is different on the 45 than the 9/40. It's a personal preference, but I really liked the grip of the 45 better. I put my shield 9mm on top of the 45 and there's barely any difference in size. The 45 is really just a fuzz longer, wider, etc. It's the bare minimum of being bigger to accommodate the 45. Only downside to the 45 is that it's 6 +1 instead of 7 +1 and all the ammo weighs twice as much as 9mm. In all honesty, when I shot my buddy's S&W shield 45 it quickly earned itself on the list of guns I'd buy if I came across a great deal and had the money at the time to buy one. It's not on my list of guns where I'm going to sell something to run out and buy one, nor am I going to feel underserved because I don't have one.

Top Bottom