• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    With the weather getting warmer, I am looking to transition from carrying my MP9FS to carrying the Shield I bought. The only thing is that I bought it so that my wife would also be able to concealed carry, but she uses the wrong hand, which means we cannot share holsters. My question is, are there any holsters that can be converted from left handed to right handed, so we could use the same holster?

If not, I guess I will be in the market for two holsters!

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    When I make kydex holsters, I form them with a bend so they conform better to your body. If you were looking at an IWB, it would be possible, but most people want a sweat guard on an IWB holster so that would cause an issue as well.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I think it BEST that you get two different holsters.

One that's convertible like that, if it exists, would be a "jack of all trades" type thing. I'd rather have a "master of one" holster vs. a do it all system.

I LOVE my Henry OWB for my Shield. It availed itself well during a class last weekend.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    ...One that's convertible like that, if it exists, would be a "jack of all trades" type thing. I'd rather have a "master of one" holster vs. a do it all system...

I see what you mean, I'd rather have my holster do one thing really well than do everything okay.

When I make kydex holsters, I form them with a bend so they conform better to your body. If you were looking at an IWB, it would be possible, but most people want a sweat guard on an IWB holster so that would cause an issue as well.

What about OWB? I understand the contour to the body, but with OWB that may not be as big of a concern, which could make it more of a possibility.

I've been looking around, and it looks like getting a Shield shell for my MTAC, and getting her an entirely new holster might be the way to go. Or go with the Two Holster deal on Aliengear.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Look into a Bladetech Klipt for your Shield. They are only $25 and have good retention. For that price you can afford two holsters. The Klipt isn't my first choice in holsters but a good value. Works fine for a small auto, I wouldn't recommend for a Glock 19 sized gun.

blade-tech klipt - MidwayUSA

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Blade tech also makes the eclipse holsters which are ambi. I must admit I have never used one. Buying two holsters would probably be the better option (IMO).

Top Bottom