• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Florida
    Hi, everyone. First post here. I live the in Florida but travel to Indianapolis frequently for work so I am interested in Indiana concealed carry news. I am hoping to pick the brains of the members here about a holster for my M&P Shield. I saw some past posts on the topic but they seem to focus on Kydex . I’m struggling with the idea that Kydex is very comfortable. I have been thinking about a Sparks Summer Special or a Brommeland Max Con. Wondered if others had some experiences with these or other leather holsters that they could share.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Since you appear to be looking to carry this IWB, check out the hybrid holsters, such as Crossbreed Mini or Super Tuck. My personal favorite of the hybrids, and one that I own for at least 3 different models of guns is the Galco King Tuk https://www.galcogunleather.com/kingtuk-iwb-holster_8_7_1176.html (they can be found for much cheaper on other sites, such as MidwayUSA, etc, especially if you wait for them to run a deal on Galco -- MidwayUSA runs occasional sales on all their Galco products, but you can also find them on many other websites, and in store at some places). I have one for my Glock 19/26 sized guns, one for my Glock 43, and now one for my S&W Compact 2.0.

I also have a Crossbreed mini tuck for the Glock 43, and while it worked fine, I did not like it as much as it did not have the same amount of retention the King Tuk had and the leather seemed almost too flexible.

Anyway, check out a hybrid IWB (kydex and leather).

Also, with both of the hybrids I mentioned above, you can remove the gun in the holster, with no need to remove the belt.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My custom iwb Kydex / leather Shield holster is very comfortable and I've even worn it with a tucked in shirt and slacks. No one knew it was there.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I have a 100% kydex IWB shell style holster that I find comfortable enough to forget its there every day. I got it because I needed a holster that I could take on and off easily. I find it just as comfortable as my Foxx full size hybrid, although the shell is not tuckable.

Top Bottom