• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Has anyone used Ship-My-Gun® to ship a handgun (or any gun for that matter)?

Ship My Gun® is a branch of Bud's Gun Shop; they facilitate "FFL to FFL" firearms shipments where the sending party does not have access to an FFL (or one that is unwilling to handle shipping hassles).

I ask this question as I am attempting to have a family 'heirloom' Colt Cobra shipped from Wisconsin to California. The problem I have encountered is that none of the FFLs that I have talked to in Wisconsin seem to be willing to deal with the hassle of dealing with shipping firearms anywhere, let alone California. California is notoriously difficult to import firearms into, but this old pistol is 70 years old and can be brought into the state as a "relic/curio"; my local FFL here has done out-of-state transactions like this several times.

California, oddly enough, does not require that weapon be shipped from an FFL ... but UPS and FedEx do. California only requires that firearms shipped to California be received by a FFL.

2nd-Day Air from Wisconsin, to California: $19.95

Mods: if there is a more appropriate forum for this question please move this. Thx.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Interesting... Have any Wisconsin FFL's explained why they won't ship? I would think any FFL would be in-the-know regarding shipping and receiving firearms. Could the receiving FFL in Cali send a pre-paid shipping label/box/packaging for the Wisconsin FFL to use? I wonder if Ship My Gun is insuring the contents because $19.95 seems crazy cheap.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Have any Wisconsin FFL's explained why they won't ship?

Simply too much trouble to deal with.

I would think any FFL would be in-the-know regarding shipping and receiving firearms.

The "receiving" part is straight forward enough. The "shipping" part involves registering with Calif. Dept. of Justice (no fee to do so), and requesting a 'Letter of Approval' which is emailed to the sending FFL; a printed copy must be enclosed with the firearm. The LOA provides the receiving FFL with a number issued to that particular weapon. So yeah ... it's a hassle. Even more of a hassle if the gun shows up without the Letter of Approval. Back it goes to the sender, etc., etc.

I wonder if Ship My Gun is insuring the contents because $19.95 seems crazy cheap.

Ship My Gun does insure. Their low rate is probably the benefit of being associated with Bud's Gun Shop's huge shipping volume.

What I'm waiting to hear is if SMG will provide the needed "Letter of Approval" that has to be included, in the box, with the pistol.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Buds Gin Shop has been in business for quite a while, and generally enjoy a positive feedback from their customers.
    If Ship My Gun is affiliated with Buds Guns, I would like to believe that they would be good to go.
    Maybe not...

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Has anyone used Ship-My-Gun® to ship a handgun (or any gun for that matter)?

Ship My Gun® is a branch of Bud's Gun Shop; they facilitate "FFL to FFL" firearms shipments where the sending party does not have access to an FFL (or one that is unwilling to handle shipping hassles).

I ask this question as I am attempting to have a family 'heirloom' Colt Cobra shipped from Wisconsin to California. The problem I have encountered is that none of the FFLs that I have talked to in Wisconsin seem to be willing to deal with the hassle of dealing with shipping firearms anywhere, let alone California. California is notoriously difficult to import firearms into, but this old pistol is 70 years old and can be brought into the state as a "relic/curio"; my local FFL here has done out-of-state transactions like this several times.

California, oddly enough, does not require that weapon be shipped from an FFL ... but UPS and FedEx do. California only requires that firearms shipped to California be received by a FFL.

2nd-Day Air from Wisconsin, to California: $19.95

Mods: if there is a more appropriate forum for this question please move this. Thx.
    It would be better, and cheaper to just move to Wisconsin, and get out of Commiephornia, of course Wisconsin, with the exception of America’s REAL team Da PACK, is close to being commieland…

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It would be better, and cheaper to just move to Wisconsin, and get out of Commiephornia, of course Wisconsin, with the exception of America’s REAL team Da PACK, is close to being commieland…
    What do you expect from a bunch of self-proclaimed "Cheese Heads"?

Top Bottom