• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkba_net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    It is quite legal to ship to a buyer in the same state... HOWEVER you will NOT find a common carrier willing to do it... they all have RULES that state one party must be an FFL... it is also against Federal Law for you not to tell the common carrier that there is a firearm in the package... besides if you lie and they lose it you will NOT be imbursed.

Last edited:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Honestly I would have answer no. And I have spent quite a bit of time reading laws. So, technically you can ship a long gun to a non-FFL holder within Indiana? Mmmh interesting.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Honestly I would have answer no. And I have spent quite a bit of time reading laws. So, technically you can ship a long gun to a non-FFL holder within Indiana? Mmmh interesting.

Yes, there is no federal or state law prohibiting it. In fact the federal law mentions a non licensee in state as being legal.

But, the down side is, all three shipping companies that allow guns shipments (Fedex, UPS, and USPS) all specify that the recipient must be an FFL.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    it is also against Federal Law for you not to tell the common carrier that there is a firearm in the package...

I have shipped long guns through USPS and when I called them to ask if I had to tell them it was a firearm, I was told I didn't have to tell them anything.

Top Bottom