• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I thought UPS and FedEx both recently changed their rules making it about impossible to ship a gun? Like to do so requires an account with them and the account holder has to be an FFL.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I thought UPS and FedEx both recently changed their rules making it about impossible to ship a gun? Like to do so requires an account with them and the account holder has to be an FFL.
    Yep.

ups.PNG

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    From what I understand it just needs to be sent from a Hub. It’s my 1911 that will be making the trip to see Allen M

I have good luck with UPS. Fedex is what I use if I don't want my package to get to it's destination. I'd ask Allen M what he recommends since he obviously ships and receives firearms with some regularity.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    And when it disappears?
    A box of machined parts.
    With my 40+ years of shipping firearms and then with a business that shipped a dozen or more tools through USPS & UPS packages six days a week. And tons of ammo and reloading componets that have been delivered.
    Never once and I repeat never once was one lost. Arrive squished, Arrived late, Yes on occasion but never lost.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    dumb question but how would they know what you are shipping?
    The downside to 'don't tell' is, if their policy does indeed place restriction on your shipment of a firearm that you don't meet, the insurance won't matter because should they lose your shipment or it is pilfered and you declare what was lost they will not honor the claim. Similarly, if somewhere along the way it is discovered that you have shipped something in violation of their policies, I would expect they would not proceed with delivery to the end destination and may require some jumping through hoops to get your shipment back

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A box of machined parts.
    With my 40+ years of shipping firearms and then with a business that shipped a dozen or more tools through USPS & UPS packages six days a week. And tons of ammo and reloading componets that have been delivered.
    Never once and I repeat never once was one lost. Arrive squished, Arrived late, Yes on occasion but never lost.
    Agreed, although I must say some packages I have received from UPS appeared to have been thrown out of the freighter aircraft as it passed overhead at 36000 feet

I attribute that to ending up near the bottom of the 9 foot deep stack of packages crammed into the aircraft modular shipping container and probably exposed to several hundred pounds per square foot

Top Bottom