• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • feriil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    I have an issue with a T/C Gun of mine and was told to ship it back to them. Am I able to just pack it in a hard case and send it in the mail?

I'm concerned about FFL rules regarding gun transport. Anyone else done this/recommend how to do this?

Thanks!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Either pack it in a hard case and then in a plain cardboard box just so it doesn't look too much like a firearm (like the size isn't a giveaway!) or wrap it good and put it in the cardboard box without the hard case. Your choice to save a couple of dollars shipping, and the possibility of the manufacturer losing the hard case.

You do not need an FFL to ship a firearm to a manufacture for repair, and they can ship it directly back to you, since it already has gone through the 4473 previously.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    I have had to ship a couple hand guns back to Ruger. I made sure I had a reference number from them in writing along with the exact shipping address. I made sure the guns were unloaded. Packed it in a plain brown box with a letter inside with the reference number they provided and a brief explanation of why it was shipped to them.

I decided to ship it over night with a tracking number and signature confirmation required. I also opted to for the insurance. I then put it in the mail to them. Once I saw the confirmation and signature I also touched base with them again just confirm it arrived. It should be a simple process but, I do recommend keeping detailed notes for your records and traceability. Once it comes back to you just double check the serial number.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I once shipped a pistol back to S&W. I contacted them and they sent me a label for FedEx. I contacted the shipper and they picked it up at my door.

protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    It might be worth asking your local shop for help. I had to ship one back once and my local MC Sports took care of it for me.

Top Bottom