• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I saw this article earlier today. If I'd ever bought one of those things and if I were of a mind to obey this unconstitutional law, I would have simply destroyed it myself. I wouldn't have taken it anywhere. I have to wonder how many were simply smashed and thrown away rather than turned in.

I'm sure a good portion did destroy their stocks but I'm also betting a pretty big portion also are saving them for a rainy day

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Sorry. With the history of erratic behavior and propensity to violence, I do not believe the Government is a responsible party. Therefore, I cannot logically, legally, or morally sell them anything deadly and/or dangerous.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sorry. With the history of erratic behavior and propensity to violence, I do not believe the Government is a responsible party. Therefore, I cannot logically, legally, or morally sell them anything deadly and/or dangerous.

The government didn’t even offer to “buy them back” but point taken. The government doesn’t pass my background check either.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Donnie Trump can go **** himself.

Yeah, basically. The guy is a scoundrel - a better soundrel than his Democratic opposition, but a scoundrel all the same. He believes in nothing. Whenever I see people touting him as some paradigm of freedom and Christian behavior, I want to vomit.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, basically. The guy is a scoundrel - a better soundrel than his Democratic opposition, but a scoundrel all the same. He believes in nothing. Whenever I see people touting him as some paradigm of freedom and Christian behavior, I want to vomit.

I haven't seen anyone touting his Christian behavior. I voted for him because he's an *******, and I felt like we needed an ******* instead of an ass-kisser like we had in the previous administration.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I haven't seen anyone touting his Christian behavior. I voted for him because he's an *******, and I felt like we needed an ******* instead of an ass-kisser like we had in the previous administration.

Doggy Daddy nailed it straight on. I have zero idea where you guys come up with this as no body I know really likes him either.

Could any of us pass the litmus test he has been subjected too. I am pretty sure I can't.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

Eggggsactly. Complaining to me about his lack of gentility merely underscores why he won. Politics is FULL of people just like him. The only difference is he isn't hiding it.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Not surprising that it didn't work. I know that none of mine are available for sale to the .gov, as they couldn't pass a background check and they certainly aren't acting like they are mentally stable enough to be in posession!

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

Oh, please. The Evangelical right touts Trump as a figurative second-coming. I've even heard them say that his rise was foretold in Biblical prophesy.

I voted for Trump, too. Not because I liked him per se, but because I abhor Hillary Clinton almost as much as I do Obama. He's not pro-2A; his base is pro-2A. He isn't a conservative, either, at least from an economic perspective.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, please. The Evangelical right touts Trump as a figurative second-coming. I've even heard them say that his rise was foretold in Biblical prophesy.

I voted for Trump, too. Not because I liked him per se, but because I abhor Hillary Clinton almost as much as I do Obama. He's not pro-2A; his base is pro-2A. He isn't a conservative, either, at least from an economic perspective.

And here in is the issue.
    We are literally forced to vote against a candidate and not solely for a candidate. Always falls on the lesser of the demons presented.
    Do not hold your breath looking for or waiting on a real pro 2-A economic conservative. There will be none made available.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We are literally forced to vote against a candidate and not solely for a candidate. Always falls on the lesser of the demons presented.
    Do not hold your breath looking for or waiting on a real pro 2-A economic conservative. There will be none made available.

This is so true. In most elections I am forced to choose the "lessor of two evils" so to speak. And as time marches on, it gets worse. This last election almost had me to the point I wasn't going to vote at all.

But my mother grew up in war torn Germany under the regime of Hitler. She has ingrained in us kids that the ability to vote should not be taken lightly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is so true. In most elections I am forced to choose the "lessor of two evils" so to speak. And as time marches on, it gets worse. This last election almost had me to the point I wasn't going to vote at all.

But my mother grew up in war torn Germany under the regime of Hitler. She has ingrained in us kids that the ability to vote should not be taken lightly.

But with this comes serious responsibility that way too many take for granted. Just pulling a party lever on the min show day is not being responsible.

Th current state of the republic falls squarely on our shoulders.

No knock intended but to stand back and review the last 20 or so years it will be glaringly obvious.

I stand accountable.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

I completely agree with you. This candidate has existed; Ron Paul would have done it for me. This is where I always go back to having a real third party option. I campaigned for Gary Johnson in 2012, but I wouldn’t support him in ‘16 because of anti-2A Bill Weld. My vote in ‘20 will go to DJT or the Libertarian candidate, depending on who surfaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom