• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yay! Good for you Brits. Continue to slide deeper into that pit that you've been digging for yourselves. Just do us a favor, and keep it on THAT side of the pond, thanks.

What a seriously ****ed up country. And everybody wants us to follow THEIR example!? Yeah, that'll work out great.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    From the article:
    "In 2009, the millionaire businessman Munir Hussain fought back with a metal pole and a cricket bat against a knife-wielding burglar who tied up his family at their home in Buckinghamshire. Hussain was jailed for two and a half years, despite his attcker being spared prison."

I have a hard time understanding the mindset that would allow this. It speaks to a complete lack of respect for the citizens of a country.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    From the article:
    "In 2009, the millionaire businessman Munir Hussain fought back with a metal pole and a cricket bat against a knife-wielding burglar who tied up his family at their home in Buckinghamshire. Hussain was jailed for two and a half years, despite his attcker being spared prison."

I have a hard time understanding the mindset that would allow this. It speaks to a complete lack of respect for the citizens of a country.

The first thing you have to understand is that in Britain (Europe) you have no rights, other than what the sovereign allows.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The first thing you have to understand is that in Britain (Europe) you have no rights, other than what the sovereign allows.

While the Magna Charta expressly recognizes the right of citizens to fortify their homes presumably including the use of weapons, we introduced something of a novelty in a written Constitution. The British will speak of Constitutional Law but what they are actually talking about is precedent translated that because they have been in the habit of ignoring the Magna Charta for centuries it is no longer relevant other than as an historic relic. As much trouble as we have with the .gov ignoring a written and largely unambiguous Constitution, imagine what it would be like if it were not written!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    From the article:

It would seem to me that the totalitarian nanny state is using the criminals as enforcers in making the sheep completely dependent on the state. The criminals simultaneously provide the rationale for eliminating rights in the name of necessity and being the source of fear that causes people to relinquish their rights and to become dependent and hope they are not the exception that the .gov fails to protect.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    This is why the youths and gangs flourish in the UK. An entire nation as a Criminal Protection Zone, that's just brilliant! When criminals know that you are not only unarmed, but also that you face more legal punishment for trying to stop them than they will receive for committing the crime, then that is a perfect breeding ground for scum.

If someone tied up my family, absolutely no form of violence would be off limits, and I would ensure that the most grisly death would await them. Whose to say that the criminals were just doing a nice robbery? Tying people up is often a prelude to rape and murder. I guess in the UK they are trained to trust their assaulter and to work together for a happy outcome and allow them to do whatever they want. Be a good victim, and so as not to harm the scumbag. Absurd!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    From the article:

That is the part that gets me the most. How on earth can you let the criminal go free, and throw the man who was just trying to defend his home into prison!?

Even aside from their ridiculous gun laws, the man used a pipe and a cricket bat; neither of which are illegal or controlled, (as far as I know,) in that country. So you can't say that he was in the wrong there. So how on earth can you justify punishing him for defending his family with improvised weapons?

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    They just removed their squatting laws. My buddy lives in England and said if someone comes into your house you CANT make them leave.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Its a simple fix. If the government starts prosecuting home-owners for shooting buglers, Just start selling shovels in the gun stores. When enough scum disappears, I imagine home invasions and robberies would trickle off.

Top Bottom