• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Just left Soot Point Bank Carmel. Took my wife for the first time. They were going to charge me for her hold harmless. Nobody charges for hold harmless. I said I wasn’t willing to pay. The manager comes over and says yes I am. I again said no. He then says I must leave and never come back. He never looks at me the entire time Just throws comments over his shoulder. Never been treated that way in any shopping/service experience. So, I’m sure many of you use the SPB range. Your call if you are willing to pay them to not be responsible for anything you may do or have done to you. Been a member for a year. Never paid the charge. Whew, I feel better now
    I have been to SPB almost a million times (ok, so I’m exaggerating), but I’ll tell you that I love the Greenwood location (Lou and Jeff are awesome). And I really like the Avon location (Tyler is a good one there).

But I am not impressed with the pretentiousness of the Carmel location. They sometimes have higher end selection of guns, but it isn’t worth it to me to go in there.

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    I've been to the Greenwood SPB a couple of times. Then one day, the range officer taps me on the shoulder and tells me I'm shooting too fast. WHAT!!
    If some one is shooting at me, I want to return fire as fast as possible.
    Haven't been back since then.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Dang, thought I was done with this. Just checked my card statement and SPB charged me for range use, targets, and the liability rip. Got thrown out without using range, targets or liability rip. Challenged charge with my card company and got instant refund credit. Possibly this is not a rare occurrence with SPB?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Dang, thought I was done with this. Just checked my card statement and SPB charged me for range use, targets, and the liability rip. Got thrown out without using range, targets or liability rip. Challenged charge with my card company and got instant refund credit. Possibly this is not a rare occurrence with SPB?

Man that's shady as hell. Glad you got a refund.

While I do occasionally use the range (when it's not busy; the Carmel RSOs tend to miss/fail to enforce a lot of unsafe practices when the lanes fill up), their employees largely suck. I ordered a suppressor via Silencer Shop's kiosk, and when it was time to pick up the counter guy tried to charge me a transfer fee. I had to get a manager to convince him he was wrong. Not sure if it's ignorance or intentional, but either way it's definitely not appreciated.

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    “Carmel RSOs tend to miss/fail to enforce a lot of unsafe practices when the lanes fill up)”

That’s Saying it mildly. Last time we went to shoot there the RSO was behind the lanes by a table attempting to clear someone’s pistol for them and swept us 3 times while walking in. We went back out and had the manager to review the tape .. they swapped in a different RSO but I have no idea if they told him why.
    Now we pretty much stay with Tim’s or outside range.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Anyone know if they are doing the S&W day thing this weekend? Saw something on twitter about it from S&W but no details including SPB website. Maybe its members only or something? Was just curious about it is all.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Momma wants me to take her to shoot the airweight I bought her. I just hate it tho... I've shot at Deb's in Hammond, Blythes and JPulaski a few times and Kingsbury. Kingsbury has been the only range without issues (cept the RO doesn't care for double taps). Every other one I've seen poor handling, been swept, coonfingering a hot weapon on the tables behind the firing line in Valpo. A lot of the younger gunners get in a hurry and I dont think they have an education on safe handling. I just don't want to be in the lane next to them while they figure it out.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I went to SPB in Carmel a few days ago for the first time just to check them out, as they're the nearest one to me.

The man behind the counter was courteous and helpful with my questions and I didn't sense any "attitude".
    I would buy a firearm from them if the price was right.

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    Man that's shady as hell. Glad you got a refund.

While I do occasionally use the range (when it's not busy; the Carmel RSOs tend to miss/fail to enforce a lot of unsafe practices when the lanes fill up), their employees largely suck. I ordered a suppressor via Silencer Shop's kiosk, and when it was time to pick up the counter guy tried to charge me a transfer fee. I had to get a manager to convince him he was wrong. Not sure if it's ignorance or intentional, but either way it's definitely not appreciated.

I’ve done a few silencer transfers through them and never tried to charge me so I’d lean towards ignorance, however the last two times it was 30min&40min to get the transfers completed - very slow. However while waiting all that time multiple people politely asked if I needed help.

Did feel bad for the staff…I think I heard them address the ‘I’m looking for 223 and all I see is 556 ammo’ at least three times, but those that asked also always walked away with Uber expense 556 purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deimos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    Mooresville
    Just left Soot Point Bank Carmel. Took my wife for the first time. They were going to charge me for her hold harmless. Nobody charges for hold harmless. I said I wasn’t willing to pay. The manager comes over and says yes I am. I again said no. He then says I must leave and never come back. He never looks at me the entire time Just throws comments over his shoulder. Never been treated that way in any shopping/service experience. So, I’m sure many of you use the SPB range. Your call if you are willing to pay them to not be responsible for anything you may do or have done to you. Been a member for a year. Never paid the charge. Whew, I feel better now
    The first year I was in the US, the Point Blank in Avon treated me like I was garbage. Uncle took me there so we could use the range, he brought his own guns. We were just stood in the queue waiting to sign-in, talking and I could see the counter guys glaring at me.. We get upto the counter and one of them says to me "I need a proof of address or residence". Uncle said, we're not renting a gun.. Just a lane. I have all my stuff. The guy said no, I need his proof of address and points to me..

Uncle tries to explain to the guy a second time that I would be using his guns and he was paying for the lane. We're not renting any firearms or buying any either. Guy ignores him completely. Tells me if I can't provide him with a physical bill with my name and address on, I can't shoot.

At this point I'm severely confused and it's the first time I've ever gone to a range.. Uncle was visibly pissed off. Uncle hasn't been back since and I haven't either. I've been in this great country now for 6 whole years.. I'm an avid collector and shooter!

Screw Point Blank, they'll never get a dime from me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The first year I was in the US, the Point Blank in Avon treated me like I was garbage. Uncle took me there so we could use the range, he brought his own guns. We were just stood in the queue waiting to sign-in, talking and I could see the counter guys glaring at me.. We get upto the counter and one of them says to me "I need a proof of address or residence". Uncle said, we're not renting a gun.. Just a lane. I have all my stuff. The guy said no, I need his proof of address and points to me..

Uncle tries to explain to the guy a second time that I would be using his guns and he was paying for the lane. We're not renting any firearms or buying any either. Guy ignores him completely. Tells me if I can't provide him with a physical bill with my name and address on, I can't shoot.

At this point I'm severely confused and it's the first time I've ever gone to a range.. Uncle was visibly pissed off. Uncle hasn't been back since and I haven't either. I've been in this great country now for 6 whole years.. I'm an avid collector and shooter!

Wow, I don't blame you! What they did was not based on law. Sounds like it was more based on bigotry.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They require ID for adult range shooters. Does Tim’s in Westfield allow range use without ID?

AGE & ID RESTRICTIONS​

1. Must be 18 or older to use the range unaccompanied
    2. Minors (below 18 years old) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and be at least 48” tall
    3. All shooters above 18 must possess a valid state-issued ID or US passport
    4. Must be 21 or older to possess or rent a handgun
    5. Must be 18 or older to possess or rent a long-gun

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Did you have ID? Did they ask for that first? Just wondering if that’s why they went to asking for a bill?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I had my passport and UK driving license, they wouldn't accept either.
    A US passport or UK? If UK, it clearly states that “All shooters above 18 must possess a valid state-issued ID or US passport” in their range rules.

I have read that many ranges, particularly in areas where there is international tourism, require US ID because of problems caused by tourists because their countries have near total gun bans and shoot guns becomes a tourist attraction in this country.

Sorry you got caught up in this.

Top Bottom