• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooters 'N Scooters Charity donation?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Mods, please move this if you feel it better elsewhere.

Ok, here's the deal. You've seen the thread in the Carry Issues and Self Defense forum about the Shooter's 'N Scooters ride coming up. The plan now is to have an entry fee for the run, which will go towards range fees, a t-shirt, and other expenses TBD.

I've been coming up with a logo for the shirts that will be printed by a local business. This tee will be single color, screen printed, and the logo will be on the front. This will be nothing fancy, and should be a great addition to the day.

Here's where I want to make things a bit different. My original logo was multi-colored, and would be better on stickers or whatnot. So in discussions with BSUrugger about the process, I came up with an idea that I wanted to throw out.

I have a CafePress store that I can make loads of products, including full color t-shirts, stickers, mugs, and many others. I don't want to make anything for myself profit wise, but I'd like to offer more, if people want something different. BSUrugger gave me a great idea on who to support.

So here's the deal. Is there an interest in different shirts, full color with possibly a "Donor" label on the back to denote your support? Would you buy other products too? Would you buy other products instead of shirts? Do you think we should stick with what we've got now and not worry about having a charity component?

I don't want to put any undue influence on your answers, but for full disclosure, BSUrugger and I considered the idea of donating proceeds for the recovery efforts of Kurt Weekly and Mary Mills, in honor of Eric Wells and the one year anniversary that's coming up shortly.

Also, in the name of full disclosure, I want people to understand that any products put onto CafePress for this will be subject to their pricing structure. This means that I put a product up with their base price which they get outright, and add a markup for my "profit". I would try to keep the price reasonable, but still allow for a decent contribution.

So what say you? Extra products? T-shirts or not? Let me know.

Thanks.

Top Bottom