SHOOTING AT OHIO HIGH SCHOOL ~ 1 or 2 possible shooters?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Breaking on Drudge, FOX, CNN, etc

4 students hurt in shooting at Chardon High School; suspect in custody | cleveland.com

More to come.

Appears to be a student at the school stood up and started to shoot. At least 1 is IN CUSTODY now. He shot 3 boys and 1 girl. All are alive, 3 are in critical condition.

FOX now saying that 2 SHOOTERS are in custody.

Occurred in the school cafeteria.

The boys who did this may not even be students at this particular school.

One boy with a gun chased a boy down the hall.

SOME REPORTS ARE SAYING THE SHOOTER(S) MAY HAVE HAD SPECIFIC TARGETS????

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    A tragedy... and another situation that could've been prevented by metal detectors at the schools. Too bad the "anti's" are gonna latch on to this and say we need to ban guns in America.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    While this is tragic, it appears that the 4 students who were shot are being taken care of and may survive, 3 are in critical condition.

It also appears that 1 suspect is in custody. There is now talk that ONLY 1 SHOOTER was involved, instead of 2 shooters.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A tragedy... and another situation that could've been prevented by metal detectors at the schools. Too bad the "anti's" are gonna latch on to this and say we need to ban guns in America.

My opinion.
    A tragedy... and another situation that could've been prevented by [STRIKE]metal detectors [/STRIKE] allowing teachers and licensed adults to carry concealed firearms at the schools.

"Too bad the "anti's" are gonna latch on to this and say we need to ban guns in America." We just need to point out that this could not and did not happen because no guns are allowed in schools.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    My opinion.
    A tragedy... and another situation that could've been prevented by [STRIKE]metal detectors [/STRIKE] allowing teachers and licensed adults to carry concealed firearms at the schools.

"Too bad the "anti's" are gonna latch on to this and say we need to ban guns in America." We just need to point out that this could not and did not happen because no guns are allowed in schools.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll pray for the families of the students, and for our country!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    My opinion.

First, my heart goes out to all involved in the situation in Ohio.

Second, I cannot agree more with what Doug has written above. This is spot on.

Without going into details - I recently had an experience where my daughter was threatened by another student at school. The threat was very specific, and was enough to make any parent's blood run cold. Experienced police officers turned white when they read what I had to read - except the threats were not posted about THEIR daughter. I have not written about this here before, as a protective order, expulsion, etc. etc. are in force, and I do don't wish to write anything that would be inflammatory. Nor do I think it appropriate. Some day I will write the whole story down as a guide to help others, should they find themselves in the same circumstances.

May I just say this... I know FIRST HAND the powerless feeling of handing your child over to the school, knowing that there's a threat, and KNOWING that the teachers are powerless to stop anything that goes "Columbine-ish" - in spite of my great respect for them. Further, the administration are hog-tied by rules at best, and worse than useless at worst.

In our case, teachers took common sense and (in my opinion) heroic action to prevent a problem. It didn't reach a boiling point, although it came way too close. Problems were expelled from the system due to their efforts. Protective orders were issued - for what they may be worth. Those teachers have my eternal gratitude. If those same heroic teachers were ALLOWED to arm themselves IF they so chose, there would be that much more protection, in my opinion. Alas, they are not.

Hence my agreement with Doug's point.

As great as my appreciation for these teachers is - for the system that constrains them, and hides behind legalistic barricades, I hold an equal measure of eternal contempt and condemnation.

May God watch over those families in Ohio today and always. I can't say that I know how they feel. But I can say that our family got way too close to that for comfort. And from the bottom of my heart, I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nope.

Yep.

As I asked in the other thread on this, how would this have been prevented by anyone being armed at the school? This one especially appears to have been targeted. He fired at a small group in a cafeteria then ran.

Maybe there would have been fewer victims, but it would not have been prevented. This would probably be the outcome in most of these shootings, which would be great. Let's just not pretend that having armed people in schools is going to stop these shootings.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    As I asked in the other thread on this, how would this have been prevented by anyone being armed at the school? This one especially appears to have been targeted. He fired at a small group in a cafeteria then ran.

Maybe there would have been fewer victims, but it would not have been prevented. This would probably be the outcome in most of these shootings, which would be great. Let's just not pretend that having armed people in schools is going to stop these shootings.

If a teacher or teachers were/was OC'ing regularly, I almost guarantee that the kid wouldn't have had the balls to do it.

It's a tragedy regardless. The kid is a moron plain and simple, and probably a self entitled prat.

Sorry if you were picked on, sorry if your life sucks. Welcome to real life, now go spend some time behind bars...or better yet, on death row...because if it's premeditated and you picked people out (which seems like you did) you're no longer looking at juvy.

/end rant

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    My point of stating they should have metal detectors at schools, is that with them guns, knives, weapons, ect. won't make it past the security checkpoint, preventitive measures, no weapons in the building period. I dont know about most of you, but I know few teachers qualified, much less experienced enough to carry. Now, there's at least two children dead and more seriously injured. I am a parent, and I couldn't fathom what they are experiencing right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to the frinds and families of the shootings.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    He wasnt picked on, thats a media manufactored falsehood.

He was upset at the first boy he shot for "stealing" his girlfriend.

Top Bottom