Released security footage of officer who found the gun:

giphy.gif

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I am surprised they investigated it that far. Illinois doesn't do anything to criminals. There will be no bail, she will have court a few years from now, and will likely be on unsupervised probation for a month.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    There are snippets from lots of Chicago blogs and twitter accounts that I follow and trust that this was Chicago Teachers Union night at the game. All 3 women are Chicago public school teachers. The Mayor Brandon Johnson was a Chicago public schools teacher and the teachers union was his major backer in his rise to fame along with Toni Prekwinkle another former teacher and chairman of the cook county board. The mayors office is trying to make all of this go away and the cops are pushing back. Current police chief is going to be leaving soon so I dont think he is putting the brakes on things but I am sure plenty of guys below him that want to suck up to the mayor are working against him.

Without a gun or shell casing, or clear video would this have a chance of charges being pressed anywhere? She was surrounded by other teachers so none of them will give a statement that would help the cops.

I saw photos of the bullet, but no discussion of its appearance and condition. I kind of expected smarter guys than I to be talking about it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There are snippets from lots of Chicago blogs and twitter accounts that I follow and trust that this was Chicago Teachers Union night at the game. All 3 women are Chicago public school teachers. The Mayor Brandon Johnson was a Chicago public schools teacher and the teachers union was his major backer in his rise to fame along with Toni Prekwinkle another former teacher and chairman of the cook county board. The mayors office is trying to make all of this go away and the cops are pushing back. Current police chief is going to be leaving soon so I dont think he is putting the brakes on things but I am sure plenty of guys below him that want to suck up to the mayor are working against him.

Without a gun or shell casing, or clear video would this have a chance of charges being pressed anywhere? She was surrounded by other teachers so none of them will give a statement that would help the cops.

I saw photos of the bullet, but no discussion of its appearance and condition. I kind of expected smarter guys than I to be talking about it.

It would be very unlikely to be charged here even if she came forward with a full admission and the gun in hand. An unintended discharge is generally not criminal absent something like a reckless homicide, child neglect resulting in serious injury/death, etc. For reference, Marion County gets around 100 incidents of UDs resulting in injury or death annually. Almost none of the non-fatals involving adults only are charged. The only one I can think of in my years of dealing with them was a guy who was drunk/high and fired through his apartment floor while messing with his gun, striking a resident below him into the lung and spine.

The only reason this has gotten any notice is where it happened creating media interest resulting in a political emergency.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    OK, this is one of the funniest things I've ever read. According to a Sox beat reporter, the shooting *did* occur inside the ballpark. Also, metal detectors *were* set off during the search of the person, but nothing could be found. Because...
    The woman smuggled the gun into the ballpark WITHIN FOLDS OF HER BELLY FAT!!

The shot was the result of a negligent discharge, but apparently, her God-given suppressor muffled the sound and flash. After passing through who knows how thick of a natural ballistics gel barrier, there was just enough energy left for the departing round to graze her companion (who was sitting next to her) in the leg.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It’s my 20th wedding anniversary and I’m supposed to go out to dinner with my wife later. My appetite isn’t so good after reading this thread. How freaking gross.

Top Bottom