• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Those first posts were hilarious. The humor here keeps me coming back (along with lots of great advice). Seriously though I've used Mechanic's Wear Impact (designed for those using power tools such as impact wrench) and liked them, and the golf glove idea sounds good too, as well as the weight lifters. Finally, I'll second the load question... Can you just load lighter? A friend of mine does this to save his hands, just enough powder to cycle the action, sometimes FTE, but that is semi-auto of course, not revolver but something to consider. Maybe the OP isn't into reloading just shooting some real man hand hardware, dunno.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well here is a 5'8" 165 lb INGOer shooting 300 grain deer grenades from Mammynun's Alaskan up at the farm.....I got through 5 and realized I didn't need to go to 6....

It was bouncy but not painful....(edit...I was 195 lb's when that video was shot...)

[video=youtube;xPcZb3DdeOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPcZb3DdeOI[/video]

It was only about 50 degrees so I didn't need gloves....:)

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    Mr. Natural says "Right tool for right job." If shooting, get SHOOTING GLOVES. If golfing use golf gloves. Use the tool that was DESIGNED for the job. PAST SHOOTING gloves were DESIGNED for shooting.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've tried many types, but favor the PIG gloves, as noted by Vigilant. Yup, they don't have any padding, but I've shot my S&W 500 magnum with them, without problem.
    Admittedly, I don't have a lot of use on my PIG's, but haven't found them fragile as of yet (knock on wood !)

Most of the time, they're available on Amazon.
    Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PW81SBK/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1WHP845XPDBII&colid=2JC6RT83JNZD9&psc=1

I just ordered a set of these MM. Thanks for the link.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well here is a 5'8" 165 lb INGOer shooting 300 grain deer grenades from Mammynun's Alaskan up at the farm.....I got through 5 and realized I didn't need to go to 6....

It was bouncy but not painful....(edit...I was 195 lb's when that video was shot...)

[video=youtube;xPcZb3DdeOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPcZb3DdeOI[/video]

It was only about 50 degrees so I didn't need gloves....:)

:laugh: Was that the "I've had enough" face?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That's KJQ shooting one of my Centurys, good Indiana made guns.
    That gun was a pleasure to shoot. The 45-70 was not violent in that massive frame. AllenM let me shoot his 4" 500 S&W, I have passed several times since. I've got petite, little girly hands. :laugh:

Top Bottom