• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure how "warm you want them. I have a pair of Blackhawks that work well, not too heave, not thermal, do well for the temps I'm willing to shoot in. (Hate the cold). They seem to be wearing well.

I also have a set of driving gloves by "Bionic". They are thin and fit firm, but flex well. I've not used them for shooting (only driving) but they may do the trick. :twocents:
    And no, there are no annoying noises or increased speed with these gloves.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I also have a set of driving gloves by "Bionic". They are thin and fit firm, but flex well. I've not used them for shooting (only driving) but they may do the trick. :twocents:
    And no, there are no annoying noises or increased speed with these gloves.

Yeah but they cost $6,000,000.00 :D

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Gloves are not really very good for keeping your hands warm because they allow air to circulate between your fingers. Thin gloves are definitely not going to keep your hands warm, especially if they're holding onto a cold gun. The only thing that I have found from years of working outside in winter that works are mittens and ice fishing gloves. Neither of which are of any use for shooting. The best thing to do is get some pocket hand warmers and keep your hands warm and then shoot for a couple of minutes and then warm your hands back up. In cold weather it's pretty easy to keep your body warm but the extremities like feet and hands will lose blood flow quickly as the blood flows back into your body to keep your internal organs warm. Most of your body's heat escapes through the top of your head. Keep your head covered up and your hands will be a little better off. Once your ears get cold the feet and hands go next.:twocents:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here is what I HIGHLY recommend.

I agree with jeremy, but I may be somewhat biased. ;)

I'm still using these as all-weather shooting gloves and they have held up much better than I initially theorized.

I still feel that the $30 price tag is tough to swallow at first, but I would certainly say they are worth it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I agree with jeremy, but I may be somewhat biased. ;)

I'm still using these as all-weather shooting gloves and they have held up much better than I initially theorized.

I still feel that the $30 price tag is tough to swallow at first, but I would certainly say they are worth it.

I have been using mine for over a Year now and these things are still going strong.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Crazy isn't it? I was sure the thin material would have given up by now, but its held up really well.

Yeah I have been using them as everything gloves...
    I work outside Daily regardless of the Weather. From playing at Capentry, to working on Vehicles, to cutting firewood, to you name these gloves are just unstopable.

The only caveat I have is they are great up until it gets cold enough you should put on real Winter gloves...

Even then though I use them as glove liners in my insulated gloves!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The only caveat I have is they are great up until it gets cold enough you should put on real Winter gloves...

Agreed 100%. I found ~30 degrees to be the cutoff at which they were less effective at stopping the cold. These aren't "warm up your hands" kinda gloves, they are "keep the cold out for a while" gloves. And I'll take that compromise given the fantastic dexterity they allow.

And the liner idea works too!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I picked up a pair of paratrooper gloves for cold weather shooting. They are a leather & cloth mix & they fit kind of snug. I haven’t used them yet but it sounded like a good idea at the time.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Some photographer's gloves work well for shooting. The finger tips can be exposed or closed (like mittens). Try looking at large websites for professional photographers.

Top Bottom