• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • runandgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Thoughts and prayers for the victim. The guy was just doing his job. I hate to see stories like this. I gives the gun community in general a black eye.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    What's even worse is that the brilliant commentors on RTV6.com put

Veritas
    icon10-external-url.png

I wonder which INGO member this was, that finally flipped his lid.

Police: Man Opens Fire From Home, Shooting 1 - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis#

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Shooting "rampage" in Spencer, IN

Just saw it on WISHTV.

Vietnam Vet freaks out and starts shooting out of his house, hitting multiple people..

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Described in the article as a "shooting rampage from his Center, Indiana home."

"It appears Miller fired out the front door, back door, and west windows of his home,” said Sheriff Marty Talbert."

"Investigators are still trying to determine what led up to the shooting rampage."

Since to "rampage" is "to rush wildly about," how does one do that from one's home taking potshots out doors and a window?

But hey, it makes for sensational journalism. Who needs words that accurately describe things when other words stir the pot better?

Also, not in Spencer, btw.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Glad the guy was taken alive, and that only one person was seriously hurt, but expected to survive. It will be interesting to find out why someone would just open fire with one handgun and two rifles. Was the old vet reliving a fire fight from decades ago???

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Next time some politician talks about the necessity for a war, and the relatively "low costs" involved in dollars and human losses... think about this guy and all the thousands like him who continue to pay.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    So where did this occur? Howard County or Owen County? Spencer is in Owen the last time I was down there.

I have NO idea how this thread ended up being titled that way as I DIDN'T say anything about Spencer in the thread title. :dunno: It is in Howard County in the small town of Center near Taylor Schools.

Last edited:

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    More...

A picture of Charles E. Miller began to emerge Friday, as his Center neighbors opened up about run-ins with the 61-year-old retiree, the lone suspect in Thursday’s shooting rampage.

As detectives collected evidence at the corner of Cleveland Street and 350 East in Center Thursday, Howard County Sheriff Marty Talbert and several of Miller’s neighbors recounted what they knew about the reclusive U.S. Army veteran.

“He was a loner, and it used to be every Fourth of July, I don’t know what it is, he gets a little ornery,” said Robin Gregory, whose house absorbed several of the bullets fired Thursday. “We complain because he’s out back shooting guns ... usually we say ‘Hi,’ but he’s a little strange.”

IN HOWARD COUNTY :rockwoot:

Go to: Suspect was a loner, neighbors say » Local News » Kokomo Tribune; Kokomo, Indiana

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    July 19, 2010
    Shooting suspect acting strangely, police say
    Shooting victim upgraded at hospital

By Scott Smith
    Kokomo Tribune staff writer

Charles Miller, the suspect in Thursday’s shooting in Center, was mumbling incoherently and had been drinking when officers arrested him, according to affidavits filed by Howard County sheriff deputies.

Sheriff investigators believe Miller, 61, 2924 S. 350 East, may have fired as many as 16 shots during the incident Thursday evening, including the three that hit Noblesville delivery driver Joshua Glyn, 22.

Shooting suspect acting strangely, police say » Local News » Kokomo Tribune; Kokomo, Indiana

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom