• ...and so much more!
  • Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    All,

I've got a small problem and hopefully the answer can be crowdsourced. My Dad and Stepmom are in town visiting. I really wanted to take them to a range tomorrow (Monday, May 5th) to tryout a couple of my firearms. I cant find any that fit this description:

-Open on Monday
    -Within 1 hour drive of the center or Indianapolis
    -Allows 5.56 and other rifle calibers
    -Open to the public (i am not a member of any clubs)

If anyone has an answer it may be worth an internet cookie and an INGO Sticker.

Thanks! :ingo:

Novabeast69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    All,

I've got a small problem and hopefully the answer can be crowdsourced. My Dad and Stepmom are in town visiting. I really wanted to take them to a range tomorrow (Monday, May 5th) to tryout a couple of my firearms. I cant find any that fit this description:

-Open on Monday
    -Within 1 hour drive of the center or Indianapolis
    -Allows 5.56 and other rifle calibers
    -Open to the public (i am not a member of any clubs)

If anyone has an answer it may be worth an internet cookie and an INGO Sticker.

Thanks! :ingo:

Tims Shooting Range in Westfield
    open Mon
    allows 5.56 but have to buy from them
    maybe less than hour but 31 is closed do take keystone
    will have to watch video and take gun in case. Hard case for long gun not sure about pistols.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I hear Parabellum in Avon is open now, but is there a reason I am missing that you are not going to Beech Grove Firearms? As long as you don't want to stretch it out more than 25 yards, I believe either of these accommodate 5.56

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield, brand new range. You may shoot your AR as long as you buy their ammo. If you take 31, the detour will take you through Carmel via N. Pennsylvania St then take take Old Meridian St. and it will take you to 31 once again. Takke 31 to stay on Pennsylvania. You'll pass three turn arounds while on Pa. around will take you back to 31, or as noted use Keystone.

http://timsshootingacademy.com/

Last edited:

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ooo Parabellum might be perfect. Especially because we were going to go to the IMS HOF Museum afterwards.

Beech Grove was going to be my go-to, however, they're closed Monday. The backup plan, Atterbury, is closed monday and tuesday.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I have actually found myself in a similar situation. When I go to the range I generally go with 2-3 other friends and we spend anywhere from 2-4 hours there. @ Tim's we'd be looking at up to $320 range fees + target costs. Doing the same at Atterbury usually costs us roughly $55 and we take the reactive paper targets that cost us $.20 each online.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We ended up going to Parabellum. It was hard to tell the place was even open, but I cant be too critical. It was only their third day open. They've got a nice range with room to grow. Any place that involves Steve S. is bound to be good by most people's definition.

Top Bottom