• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Check out the Lost Creek Conservation Club. They have single-pigeon trap either once a week or once a month, and also have pistol and rifle ranges. You can find out about dues and join at Favre's Guns. The property is out by the "international" airport and a little north. (around Seeleyville)

There is also Terre Haute Clays north of town on 63 a bit, but I never went there.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    USPSA pistol matches and Steel Challenge at Riley Conservation Club. RCC also holds silhoutte and Muzzle loaders matches. See links below. ACT holds USPSA matches in our Instructional League which is held at Greencastle which is not that far from you.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    cool! Thanks guys. I dont have a good pistol to do the match shoots, hopefully after the tax check comes that might change! Can you do it with just a full size handgun? You dont have to have a race gun or anything like that right.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I'd likr to shoot a pistol course, in addition to clays with my mossy 500. All I have is a Keltec P11 and Hi point C9 9mm though. Are either of these suitable?

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You could shoot with either. What I'd concern myself with first is (1) drawing the pistol safely, (2) reloading the pistol while keeping the muzzle in a safe direction AND keeping your finger out of the trigger guard.

You'll need enough magazines to make 30-40 shots, also (not all stages require this, but usually 1-2/match do).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    RileyCC also has indoor air pistol matches every month. If you're looking for something to do in in the winter that will truly challenge your marksmanship skills, you could give it a try. I'd do it, but I'm always working!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I really need to get a used Glock, most likely a 17. The course looks like a lot of fun. I noticed some guys focusing more on accurate hits and some more focused on speed. I assume this has something to do with the points system.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    CP101

I really need to get a used Glock, most likely a 17. The course looks like a lot of fun. I noticed some guys focusing more on accurate hits and some more focused on speed. I assume this has something to do with the points system.

Get that Glock 17 and sign up and take this course. This course will save you learning the sport for six or eight months and let you hit the ground running at matches, which will increase you fun in this sport. The class will most likely be 6-8 folks in your same boat.

What: Competition 101
    Where: Atlanta Conservation Club
    When: Saturday March 27, 2010 9am - 4 pm
    Cost: $125 - $110 for ACC members (Includes hotdog lunch)

This course is an introduction to the rules, equipment, scoring, for competing in USPSA and steel challenge matches. There will be a classroom session followed by a range session. In addition to the rules and priniciples of the sport basic gunhandling and safety will covered. For anyone wanting to get into USPSA competition this is the place to start. Find out the rules and many other things you need to know before showing up to that first match and learning by trial and error. You will be glad you did.

The following day is an Instructional League match to would be a great way to get started practicing the things learned in the class.

aron@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

Eye and ear protection
    gun
    holster
    mag pouches
    150 rounds of ammo (at least) needed for live fire

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    If I can find a gun by then I would love to. I will be devoting my tax returns to most likely a glock 17 or 19. I have lots and lots of mags for my Keltec, but not really wanting to shoot that as a comp gun.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If I can find a gun by then I would love to. I will be devoting my tax returns to most likely a glock 17 or 19. I have lots and lots of mags for my Keltec, but not really wanting to shoot that as a comp gun.

send me an email when you are ready. We'd love to have you.

Top Bottom