• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    My wife and I were needing to get out and shoot for a while, so I made plans with a buddy to go get some bang bang time out at his family's place. Luckily, he's got a bunch of land out in the middle of nowhere (and I mean BFE) that he shoots on all the time. So we drove out and finally found the place. He'd also invited a buddy out to play too.

We got out there about one o'clock, and knew that we weren't going to be shooting long, especially since we only had about an hour and a half before we needed to leave. I found out after we got there that his favorite target was some rusted beat to hell car that'd been rolled down a hill out behind his house. He and his buddy had been out shooting since about ten, and shot quite a bit already, mainly just wasting ammo on this car. So, I set up the magazines I was going to shoot, and went to it.

Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures to share this time, but I'll make sure to get some next time. We had about two hundred rounds of ball ammo for my wife and I, and some .45 and 7.62 for his guns. Unfortunately, they'd already shot up all the .357 in his Ruger.

While I'd like to say that this was target practice, it really wasn't. We were shooting at this car (I don't even know what kind of car it was) and perforating it more than it already was. I really didn't care for any groupings or accuracy, although I was trying to keep my shots within several places on the car that didn't already have holes, just so I could make sure I was hitting it. The main thing I was really concerned with today was just putting lead downrange.

We'll probably be making plans to get back out in a few weeks and try to do some actual target shooting. But I feel good about accomplishing my goal of feeding my gun. All in all, a good day.

I got a chance to shoot my friend's SKS and his Mosin Nagant. Unfortunately, they were sighted in at 100yds, and we weren't shooting nearly that far, so our shots were a little off. He'd frozen some 2 liters and a couple of milk jugs full of water, so we were enjoying making some shaved ice the fun way. They'd had a jug of just water that he thought he was going to get to blow up with the Nagant, however I pulled my pistol while he was loading the rifle and shot a hollow point through it. The jug didn't jump anywhere, so it ended up becoming fodder for the rifle.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, I was shooting a XD 9mm SC with both the 13 rd magazine and the 16 rd extended grip magazine. I definitely think the extended grip gave me more control over the gun. But I want to shoot with both sizes so I can be sure to get a feel for them. Unfortunately, I have a feeling now, after several hours of reflection, that I probably shot through the ammo way faster than I really should have. I didn't take the time to savor the feeling. Next time, I plan to have more time and ammo to shoot.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Tonight while sitting at my son's cub scout meeting, they were going over the popcorn sales that are about to start. One of the prizes that you can get for selling so much is a marshmallow shooting crossbow. One of the other dads picked it up and started shooting across the room with the sample one they had.

I was tempted to tell him that I returned fire... :draw:

Top Bottom