• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Wow, Mug-N-Bun is great as a stand alone even! Congrats on the great day with your grandson, and how great that he`s a shooter!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You may not realize it now, but you're creating memories that will last a lifetime for your grandson. To this day, I still vividly remember hunting and shooting with my "Paw Paw."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You may not realize it now, but you're creating memories that will last a lifetime for your grandson. To this day, I still vividly remember hunting and shooting with my "Paw Paw."

Now that's interesting Kut...Eastern Kentucky is "Paw Paw" while Western Kentucky is "Papaw"....I would have thought Alabama was a "Papaw" state due to it being more westerly....

To the OP Kut is right...He'll be a grey haired old man and will remember that day with fondness..Good on you keeping the flame alive...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Now that's interesting Kut...Eastern Kentucky is "Paw Paw" while Western Kentucky is "Papaw"....I would have thought Alabama was a "Papaw" state due to it being more westerly....

To the OP Kut is right...He'll be a grey haired old man and will remember that day with fondness..Good on you keeping the flame alive...

Well, both my grandparents, and mother are from Arkansas, and my dad from Alabama, so it might be the Sooie part that shined through in that regard.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I love the origin of regional words and their history...Thanks for sharing Kut..I know Northern Alabama has that Appalachia thing going on in the north east corner and I thought that may have had a bearing...

Northern and Southern Alabamians don't get along.... and it goes beyond that backwoods school up north, and the gentlemanly school down South. Those dum stumps poisoned our tree at Auburn... and yes, even though I'm a Florida grad, I always loved the Tigers ('cept when they play the Gators, and oddly enough Nebraska).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maternal Grandfather: Winchester M1903 Single Shot (he used shorts exclusively, I have this one)

Grandpa Page's Winchester, purchased at hardware store in Terre Haute with egg money in 1922:

Winchester+1904.jpg

Maternal Greatgrandfather: Stevens single shot No. 14

Paternal Grandfather: Marlin M38 slide action (I remember being used as single shot first few times, then repeater)

Ok, I have to leave. This is tearing me up.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Mine come over and we get bored so it's out to the backyard with BB rifles, targets, and a 15 foot string to setup the firing range. We sit out there and plink BBs for hours.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Fabulous ! I'm still waiting for my first grandchild, and at 65, wondering when that will happen. I'm a bit jealous of your day, OP. :)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Awesome!
    If I may be so bold, they have a really nice JR rifle shooting program they host there... and cheap as hell for members. My son did a stint with them for a while, but lost interest (damn kids!)
    Unsure if price is passed onto grandkids, but may be worth checking into.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My grandsons are still a little young for this, but have come out to help Grandpa put up deer stands for two years now. Looking forward to our first range trip though.

Makings of life long memories for all. Good on you! :yesway:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Well done! That is so cool. :yesway:

Just don't let your grandchildren near Churchmouse. The Mouse introduced my 11 year old grandson to top-tier 1911s and 10mm rounds and now the kid is seriously hooked on the 1911 platform. :)

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    Amazing day made me smile. My grandfather was the most amazing man and influance in my life. Your Building memories and life long hobbies. First handgun I ever shot was a Buckmark of an uncle. Congrats on a great start to the holiday. ( mine will be spent at work again). Im jealous.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    That's one of the first of many rungs on the way of turning him from a boy into a man.
    Enjoy these years.
    You'll look back on them longingly all too soon.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom