• ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    WANE is calling this a homicide?

Two men try to rob another (victim). The victim defends himself and kills one assailant and gets wounded in the foot.

And police is investigating this as a homicide?

Am I missing something here?

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    WANE is calling this a homicide?

Two men try to rob another (victim). The victim defends himself and kills one assailant and gets wounded in the foot.

And police is investigating this as a homicide?

Am I missing something here?
    It is a homicide. Albeit a justifiable homicide, but it's still homicide. Police must investigate any homicide....so not sure what you think you are missing.:dunno:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    The other guy that lived might be charged with homicide since one of the perps was killed. Death in the commission of a felony is homicide for those involved.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    There was a shooting just outside where my wife works last Friday about 5 pm. On Broadway close to Mad Anthony's......Major says its a safe town an chief of police whats to band guns. Why not band crime...?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There was a shooting just outside where my wife works last Friday about 5 pm. On Broadway close to Mad Anthony's......Major says its a safe town an chief of police whats to band guns. Why not band crime...?

Band guns?

Is that like a trombone rifle? :D

Paper stated the shot(s) were fired in the parking lot of George's during an altercation. I really like that place (especially the tacos!), but I never go there unarmed.

Like most of the shootings in Fort Wayne, the victim isn't a completely innocent person with no ties to the murderer.

Ever wondered why the victim photos in the J-G look like mugshots? (hint, hint)

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Was not aware of that about Rusty, he is a friend of my grandparents, but I only converse with him at major vehicle wrecks, so its mostly a professional discussion with us.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Band guns?

Is that like a trombone rifle? :D

Paper stated the shot(s) were fired in the parking lot of George's during an altercation. I really like that place (especially the tacos!), but I never go there unarmed.

Like most of the shootings in Fort Wayne, the victim isn't a completely innocent person with no ties to the murderer.

Ever wondered why the victim photos in the J-G look like mugshots? (hint, hint)

LOL.....my only defense is that I'm a Hoosier.....and not grate at spelling.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Redtbird
    Ah! I see. Now that it's been explained I realize my error in thinking.

Note to self: Engage brane before writing a post! :-/

And spell check, lol!

Ah crap, now I am a spelling Nazi!

The above spelling of "BRANE" was done 'tongue-in-cheek', indicating some of my grey cells weren't working properly when I wrote my original message.

Note to self: Explane deliverate misspelings in the furture.:D

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Read the Sunday oped from Rusty in the Journal Gazette

Read his words in the Sunday paper. "Backround checks will protect police."

Gang violence, drug violence and shootings have all increased in FW under his watch.

He was so concerned he moved the police headquarters from the high crime Eden Green Apartment area (backs up to the old station on Creighton) to a safer place right in the middle of down town.

His anti gun message is quite clear and frequently stated.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    The two men attempted to rob the resident, but he was armed with a handgun and fired several rounds striking one of his assailants several times.

More information is expected after an autopsy is performed to determine the cause and manner of death.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say the would be robber died from several gun shot wounds damaging internal organs and also from a large amount of blood loss.

Top Bottom