My town: Greenwood. I love you, man!

tumblr_mvwow7NUj61qk0z6co1_500.gif

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Dean is a good guy, He worked for me years ago at Fort Harrison Fire Department, Haven't see Dean in about 23 years. Glad to worked in the end for him. Although as always, I am sorry it came down to this.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Interesting that the firefighter was able to keep his job if he was arrested for cutting someone.

Wonder what his actual charges were.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Interesting that the firefighter was able to keep his job if he was arrested for cutting someone.

Wonder what his actual charges were.

Arrested is one thing and convicted is another. For the most part unless he was convicted of a felony it doesn't effect his status as a Firefighter, however, each department has it's own set of rules.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Tough old cob, walking away like that with 3 or 4 shots to the chest.

Given the good condition of Lawnmower Man, (THAT is a movie I havent seen in forever) my money is on a .380 full of ball ammo. (or JHPs that are not properly sized for the caliber)

I just rewatched it. You can clearly hear two of the later rounds impact the fence. One was a solid hit to the fencepost, a second rattled the chain link.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    By my count, dude fired 16 rounds at the guy on the mower, who appeared to get up and walk out of frame toward the tail end of the video.

Proof that "one shot stops" are the exception, not the norm.

One incident isn't "proof", it's an anecdote. Which one "stopped" him? All the stop has to do is stop his aggressive act, not kill him. He toppled off the mower pretty early on. How many of the 16 shots were once he didn't really have a target? Or were just "cover fire" as he moved?

I noted that the firefighter did blade, act like he was walking off, and concealed his draw. Good tactics there. I'm assuming he unassed the area, also good tactics.

Things to consider before you find yourself in a similar circumstance:
    Seeking cover yourself earlier. If old guy is still in the fight, he's got concealment at least, probably some cover in the form of the mower.
    Don't run the gun like a sewing machine. Once the target disappears, it's time to stop shooting.
    Also remember each pull of the trigger is it's own use of force decision, legally speaking.
    Don't expect it be over. Even if the guy falls and lays still for awhile, he may not be out of the fight. Be surprised he stays down, not surprised he's getting back into the fight.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, My uncle has been in a heated dispute with his neighbor for years over the property line. So far it's not made it to gun waving level.

Top Bottom