• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    And I'm torn. I've already got me a favorite relic from the olden days. I'm looking for a slightly more modern rifle.

So I'm looking for suggestions. Obviously, I'm considering both the AR-15 and the AK-47 (or whatever civilian equivalent). But I'm not sure what manufacturer to go with for either of those, or if there are some other good ideas beyond either of them.

So I'm open to whatever folks throw my way. I'm not really picky, I just want a more modern rifle than my old Mosin and soon-to-acquire Winchester bolt-action. Something semi-auto and preferably a more common ammo size.

Thanks.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    If you alot of upgrade options and just about anything imaginable for sale that can be put on a gun, id go with an AR. Pluss lots of ammo options out there. An AK 47 or even an AK74 are both good options as well. Also, if you are after accuracy up to a few hundred yards, go with an AR15. If you want a gun that can take a beating and get very dirty and still fire, go with an AK.

There are tons of threads about these two weapon systems. I recommend using the search tool on this forum and doing some research on what people have previously posted. It'll be quicker for you that way and what else can be said about the two that hasn't already been said

Top Bottom