• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    east side indy
    I spent 5 hours waiting in line to get my stepson a lap top computer at walmart. I did get what I wanted and all went smoothly but still shopping sucks.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i dont care what others do, but for me i refuse to let those stores treat me that way. the whole cattle thing bothers me. i did it once i think the first year they started stuff back in 95 or 96? and i've not done it since. again not judging what others do.

congrats on your purchase tho!

jake

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Black Friday was great!!! I finished hooking up our new well that we had drilled two years ago, I wired it so that each time the tank calls for water it alternates which well it uses so we shouldn't have a supply issue for some time to come.

I played catch with my big sweeties, Skipper, Izzy and Chloe, all labs, yellow, black and chocolate respectively.

I went down to Martinsville to the Sportsman conservation club to shoot the new to me Italian 92fs I recently bought and it shoots like a dream. Put a couple of hundred flawless rounds through it chasing chunks of wood all over the embankment on the #2 pistol range.

Did a 30 minute visit to work for which I get paid 3 hours minimum (sweet). Actually had to make an early morning visit also. (double sweet).

Ran in and checked my source for new 45 rpm records and found a couple I didn't have (cool!)

Avoided the lunacy at the stores all day, although I was surprised how light the traffic was around Greenwood Park Mall the two times I was forced to be in the vicinity.

Currently chillin' with a Capt and root beer (try it, it is delicious) and watching Big Jake for the umpteenth time!

Dawg!

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    Yes shopping sucks! I did the BF thing for the first time because I was bored ..It started out to be a joke but I did look into a few sale ads and thought what the heck . I hit Meijer, Ashley furniture for the free $100.00 gift card and menards for a few toys and stuff for my 3yr old son. I got everything I wanted and it only took from 4am to 9am and saved according to the receipts over $150.00 on the items I bought . I still have the $100.00 gift card to use within the next year for Ashley Furniture.

manygunsmike

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I prefer to purchase items online, tax free (oh yeah, I declare it...promise...where's the purple?) and without any lines or crowds.

So, while the female halves went off to the mall and fought the crowds, the males went out to ACC and fought zombies and got in a few good hours of target practice.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm glad you're happy about it but I would hardly consider waiting in line for 5 hours "going smoothly". To each his own though. It's better I stay home when its like that, I can barely handle it on a "normal" day. Thank God I have a wonderful wife that takes care of all the shopping stuff for me all year long.

kmshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I'm with Tripp11. Best way to shop is www.you name the store.com. No taxes, no gas, no time wasted. I figure with gas prices and value of time, the shipping and handling is cheaper than actually visiting the store.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I took my 2 of my son's, my grandson, and my son in law shooting. They had a great time. Then brought them home and took my wife, my daughter, and my sister in law and her husband shooting while son in law watched the kids. That's my new black Friday tradition.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    I spent 5 hours waiting in line to get my stepson a lap top computer at walmart. I did get what I wanted and all went smoothly but still shopping sucks.

I could work for 5 hours and pay 3 or 4 times the amount you saved.

MRTOOSE

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Putnam Co
    I would much rather shop around on line . I find that someone out there usaully has it cheaper . and if you not in a hurry to get it shipping isnt to bad .

Top Bottom