• ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Copyright, Icarry2, WDY Media

Leaning against the old burnt out car I could hear the bullets ringing through, over and around it. A quick mag check and a tactical reload while scooting to the front of the car I popped up over the hood using the engine block and transaxle as a ballistic shield I ran through the 30 round mag in 8 short bursts pausing long enough to follow the rounds and make sure I was keeping all four of them pinned down..

As the last round ejected and the bolt locked back I dropped back down flipping the mag release with my finger while whipping the trusty M4 to be sure the mag was ejected. No more than the empty hit the ground and my hand finds a fresh one from the plate carrier I was wearing. Watching the empty hit the ground out of the corner of my eye to be able to quickly snag it if need be I slammed the full mag into the rifle and drop the bolt catch to shove a live round in the chamber..

As I sit tight, back against the car I hear more pinging and clanking, they were firing, pinning me down again. This time from only three positions. That last round must have found it’s target, I did aim hard on the thug to the far left because he was positioning to flank us.

I stare off to my left nodding it will be ok to them as they hide behind the flipped over mini van..

As the incoming rounds start to slow down I shift to my right and pull an end around the car and catch the idiot in the middle with the shotgun as he peeked up from behind the back of the truck. A double tap and then I roll back into cover catching him gawking at the hood end of the car..

Down to two, 28 rounds, I think as I scoot back to the front, I prone out and hear the other two firing at the back of the car and the old truck behind it. These idiots had never been in a fire fight.. They had just been lucky to spin one into my left calf as I slid into cover at the onset of the engagement.

Damn, thinking about their lucky shot made it hurt, FOCUS, I tell myself as I sneak around the stinky rusty rim laying on the burnt and crusty asphalt, Still focusing on the rear of the car and front of the truck I notice the red ball cap sticking out from behind the tree standing along the right side of the ditch, I would guess about a 30 yard shot, as I position the rifle aiming towards this neon flashing "shoot here" of a sign I giggled at the stupidity of these thugs and scan for the other bastard, the bald guy, where is his shiny chrome dome of a head, cut off red flannel shirt and dirty jeans..

As the rifle is aiming I focus on the little red dot, putting it on the red cap, crack, crack, crack. Seeing red turn to pink I slide back into cover and hear the “oh no. my boy, you shot my boy” which is just what I needed to pin point the last bastards location.

Knowing he was probably distracted by his sons head exploding I figure it’s now or never, one on one, 25 rounds left, coming to a kneel at the front door my thumb flipps the fun lever to rock and roll as I slide up the side of the car and catch the old man walking towards the tree out in the open as the muzzle find his general direction I feel the trigger break and then follow the rounds straight up his right leg and through his back stopping only after I see at least one round penetrate his skull..

CLANK, the bolt locks back, barrel smoking a little so I stop to take a breath..

Dropping the mag and loading a full one as I slide around the right flank making sure to keep an eye on the barricaded area they were firing from yelling for my loved ones to stay put..

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA

Walking around to the right behind the mini van my wife reaches out and touches my leg as I walk by. She can see the blood soaking through my pants and knows I have been hit. Holding our daughter tight with her other arm half crying telling her to be calm, Daddy is just checking to make sure the bad men can’t hurt you.

I see red hat boy laying behind the tree as I walk up through the ditch. Half his head blow away and his hat laying near his feet soaked with skull and brain fragments. The boy’s mini 14 laying near his body and what looked to be a Beretta stuck in his pant confirmed he was leathly armed.

I drop to one knee behind the tree and peek out to see that indeed all of the other active shooters were down and not moving. First I spot baldy, laying about 10 feet away and to the right a few feet, laying in a pool of blood with his body rattled with holes. As I look to make sure he is infact dead I notice the look on his face, an expression of desperation on his face, probably due to his son being killed in front of him. Maybe they should have not tried to take from me and threaten my family.

With my M4 muzzle pointing at the dead bald guy I pull it up and over to my left towards the shaggy looking man with the shot gun. His legs were sticking out past the edge of the old bunrt out car he was hiding behind as if he had sat down leaning against it. His shotgun laying next to his right leg. He could still be alive.

As I walk towards the bald guy keeping my muzzle pointed towards the shaggy guy I kicked the bald guy and there was no sound, no movement, he was dead. As I kept the muzzle trained on the shaggy guy I kicked the bald guys AR 15 away from his body. As I turn my focus back to the shaggy guy I noticed the front of his shirt was soaked with blood. He must be dead. As I walk up near the front of the car I notice his right hand still wrapped around the shot gun but the action is back and the gun must be empty..

Keeping the muzzle of my M4 pointed at him I notice he is gasping for breath, head down laying on his chest and what little life left squirting out of his neck. I had shot him in the right side of the neck, must have caught his jugular, the blood was dark and from the looks of the guy he lacked the ability to look up at me let alone pull a trigger.

I dropped to one knee keeping my rifle pointed at him while I looked for the first guy I shot. I could not see him. My thoughts returned to the now and it donned on me to callout for my wife and daughter.

KAT?? YES she replied. Keep an eye out to the north, make sure that your pistol is at the ready, hammer back, safety off. OK she replied. As the whimpers of our daughter are being shushed by Kat you hear a clank and clink of metal and glass.

The first shooter, he must be alive. Not knowing if he is combat effective you have to find him and eliminate any possible threat to your family or yourself.
    KAT? Keep your eyes moving, their may be another shooter. OK she called out.

I stayed low and hurried over to where the shaggy man was holding on to the last of his life. Pulling the shotgun away from him I decided to end him quietly and pulled a blade from behind my back and with my left hand stuck it in his neck severing his spinal cord just as an old roman warrior would have been killed out of mercy.

As I wipe the blade off on his shoulder I hear a scream. It is Kat, screaming get back.. I pop up to see the first shooter I shot slowly stumbling towards her with a knife in his hand.
    SHOOT HIM, I called out, NOW, DOUBLE TAP, CENTER MASS..

As I pull my M4 up and point the muzzle towards the car I was hiding behind during the engagement I notice the first shooter I shot at draggin his left leg with a knife in his right hand walking towards the minivan.

As the red dot finds his chest it explodes, pop, pop, and then I pull the trigger catching him in the left temple as he is falling back. Kat did it, she gave him a double tap.
    I rush back around to where Kat and Karen are and kneel down to hug them and pray that this madness stops..

As I put my arms around the best two things that have ever happened to me I hear a noise. An engine.. Roaring up from the east..

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA

I tell Kat to stay down and keep Angel covered and quiet, I am going to circle around and get an eye on whomever is driving up behind the barricade. Keep quiet..

I start to quickly turn and realize my leg is killing me, tough it out, suck it up my old DI’s voice is screaming in my ear, You think this is a game sonny?” his favorite shut up and take it line…

As I take up a position behind the tree ol red cap was hiding behind I see an old K5 with the top pulled off roll up behind the last of the over turned burnt out cars that made up the road block that the thugs were using to ambush people traveling out of the city.

I flip the magnifier over on my M4 and pull the stock tight to my shoulder as I scan the truck. I see four men, all wearing plate carriers on top of semi civilian attire, wearing black ball caps, two in the back have theirs turned backwards and are carrying M4’s. As the good old boy, jacked up, mud tire wearing red and white truck rolls to a halt the two men jump out of the back and kneel setting up a make shift perimeter.

I notice the man in the passenger seat motion to the driver to turn the truck around.

As the passenger shuts the door the two who had hopped out stretch out a bit extending their perimeter and leaving room for the driver to turn the truck around taking cover behind a car on each side of the truck.

The passenger, obviously the leader of this rag tag squad walks up to shaggy guy and lifts his head by his mop. After looking at the face he motions to the men to look around and check the area for more..

I am faced with a decision, as I slide back behind the tree I do a quick mag check, full 30 rounder in the rifle, two full 30 rounders in my gear and a partial in the dump pouch. My pistol is full, one in the chamber making it 18 there and two more 17 round mags in reserve.

I ask myself do I take these guys on or wait them out and hope they don’t find me or Kat and Angel? I hear my heart pounding in my ears..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA

My wife and daughter huddled behind the mini van as I decide to pop out, and maybe keep them from being discovered. I flick the fun lever off safe and leave it pointing at the ground when I yell out.

Don’t shoot. Don’t shoot, I am coming out.. As I turn out from the cover of the tree there are two rifles and a 45 pointing in my direction, the closest rifle is pointing right at my head, shouldered by the man closest to me.

I let my sling take the weight of my rifle and raise my hands up to about shoulder height and open my fingers to show them I have nothing in my hands.
    My heart pounding in my ears I feel the lump in my throat grow to the size of an apple.

The man closest to me yells out, GUN.. BOSS.. FREEZE.. I stop moving, not that I was anyway but I became stone.

I closed my eyes for a long blink waiting to hear the crack.. I opened my eyes to see the Boss walking over to me.

As he walks towards me, pistol in hand but pointing at the ground, he shouts out stand down, friendly.. And the other two riflemen lower their weapons..

As the “boss” gets with in 3 or 4 yards he holsters his 45 and in a curious question tone says “Marshal? Sergeant Major Marshal?” and it dons on you, you served with this man..

Oh my god it is really you Johnson? Gunnery Sergeant “T-Rex” Johnson? Thank god it’s you.. As I lean back against the tree he walks up hand out reached to shake and then falls back into the old routine and stops, snaps to attention and salutes me. I wave him off dismissing his salute which he is holding as I slide down against the tree, we aren’t in the Corp anymore Johnson, at ease.. and almost laughing I can’t believe it’s ol T-rex and not some other red neck, hill billy jack wagon trying to kill me and harm my girls..

OH crap, the girls.. As Johnson is taking my hand I nod to him to help me up and as I stand I notice his man closest to me give me a funny look as he continues on around past me down the ditch.

Kat, I blurt out.. Kat, I got to get to them.. As I try to walk I realize my leg is really bad and I need to pay attention to it, but I can’t let Johnson’s man accidently shoot my Kat or worse her shoot him.

You there, in the ditch, my wife and daughter are behind that mini van, I’d stop right there. Kat I call out, It’s ok, you can come out, put the safety on and put your pistol away. You girls can come on out..

I almost collapse as Johnson, still holding on to my hand, eases me back down to a sit against the tree.

Kat, I need the med bag. As I begin to reach down and check out my leg Johnson says hold on Sergeant Major, let me get my coreman. Jones he yells behind him, go tell Timins to shut her off and bring his bag, we got a wounded man here.

As I hear the engine shut off I feel a hand, Kat’s hand on my shoulder, she falls to her knees almost crying and hugs me then Angel thuds herself on my lap saying nothing but Daddy, Daddy, are you ok? To which Johnson now looking at my wound spouts off, heck girl, it’s gonna take more than one, whoop, two holes to take out your daddy. Kat looks up at Johnson, then the guy standing behind her and then at me and says your angels.. About that time my precious Angel says, no mommy, I am Angel to which we all laugh.

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA

After Timins performs some field triage on my leg and the girls are brought over it is decided that we were to go with Johnson and his men, back to their camp.

Kat voiced her opinion right in front of Johnson and Timins asking if we could trust them. I simply introduced Kat, Kathrine to “my brother” Gunnery Sergeant Terrance Reginald Johnson of the United States Marine Corp. To which she simply and embarrassingly replied “Oh, nice to meet you.” And as I was being helped to my feet Angel cleared her throat and stuck her hand out to Johnson and announce d she was Angel Olivia Marshal and the pleasure was all his. We laughed and he reached down after shaking her hand and picked her up and asked her if she wanted to go for a ride in his big truck. She smiled and asked where are you taking us? His reply softened Kat as he simply replied, “somewhere safe.”

Johnson directed Timins to help me to the truck, and asked Kat if there was more of our “stuff” that they needed to gather up explaining that nothing should be left behind that might be useful.

I stopped Timins and looked back to explain to Kat to show the Gunny where the stash was and to grab all of it.

After a few minutes and two trips between the stash spot back up down the ditch a ways we were all loaded up in the truck and motoring down the road, where to I had no idea but safer than the open road was guaranteed.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA

After what seemed like an hour drive down the high way, around other piles of burnt out vehicles, a few over turned semi’s and at least three or four intersections we came to a small gravel road that went off to the left.

After traveling down the gravel road, rocks pinging off the undercarriage of the truck which was going just fast enough to keep the dust from choking us out, we came to a hill. Up the hill which was rutted up and where the pace slowed to a crawl Johnson looked back at me from the passenger seat and instructed us to hold on, it gets bumpy from here on in.

Crawling over big rocks and through deep ruts the four wheel drive was able to get us past this obvious obstacle to keep others out we got to a gate. On the side of the road was a make shift guard shack built from what looked like an old yard barn.

As the Gunny motioned to the man at the shack he in turn motioned to another man and the gate lowered down to cover the 8 foot gap across a cattle crossing camouflaged with canvas painted to look like concrete. A brilliant stop gap for any unauthorized vehicle wanting to continue down the road.

As we pass by the little shack, it’s evident that we are in a very controlled area, a hardened camp. Once into the heart of the area we find ourselves being looked on by many, many other folks. Men, women and children all stop in the middle of their activities to see who we are.

Kat blurted out “where are we?” to which Johnson replies, Camp Alamo, home to the 4th Indiana Regulars. We will get you settled in the infirmary and then the girls will be assigned some quarters and someone will explain everything.

Timins, looked at Kat saying “we will fix him up no problem” and I am sure the Major will be happy to know we found another Devil Dog..

Top Bottom