• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    Hey all! I'm looking to take the woman and get outta town for a long weekend, hopefully someplace with lots of nature, woods, fresh air, peace and quiet. I'm trying to do this relatively cheap and within an 8-10hr drive of Valparaiso, NWI. Any suggestions or experiences to share?

Thanks in advance!
    RS

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Hmm. NWI... Tell her you're taking her to a nice place with outdoor attractions, wildlife, etc. and get a motel next to Cabela's. Lots of outdoors things to see there!:)

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Turkey Run is a great spot. A lot of nice hiking trails. Growing up around Parke Co, I was just used to the surroundings. My wife and I have gone to Brown Co a couple of times. A lot of different outdoor ideas at either place.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Wisconsin is well within that distance. I used HomeAway and got a cabin last fall. Dead silent, peaceful, didn't see another soul outside my family.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    There is also Brown County State Park (Nashville is close-by if your wife like to shop), and Hoosier National Forest (Deem Wilderness Area is in that sweet spot of being fairly remote yet used enough that it has some decent trails and if something should happen and you require assistance it's not so remote that nobody will ever come by.).

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Brown county. Versailles state park has lots of trails as well. Less busy later in the summer, except for the pool.

Want to leave IN? Mohican state park. Ohio carry rules, but the park is incredible. Did the 100k mtb race twice and love it there.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Spring Mill Park down by Mitchell has a lot of stuff in it, pioneer village, trails, caves, camping, an inn, and you being a rocket surgeon and all, there's a Gus Grissom memorial/museum.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Lake Cumberland down about Somerset, KY. Beautiful area and a great lake. Deer all over the place. It is a dry county, so you'll need to bring your own booze for the vacation.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions everybody! I hear Smoky Mountain Knife Works calling my name, and I'm all out of Davy Crockett whiskey, so Gatlinburg is the winner for now. You've definitely given me some ideas for our next few trips. That Bone Lick place sounds nice!

Top Bottom