• ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    The comments were... enlightening.

For people whom crime and low-life habits are the norm, they cry foul when terminated. Natural selection worked this time.

The high cost of low-living.
    It's bound to put you six feet in the ground.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Homeowners are in the right.
    POS family of POS that broke into the house are trash.

If you read the comments at the link. There is someone trying to say that because the window was not locked the homeowners are at fault. Really we have sunk that low, we hold the victims accountable? No way, window locked or not, POS enters house, POS has endangered the occupants lives.

I'm sad to say I've seen similar thoughts on INGO. :( It's the gun owner's fault his car was broken into and its contents stolen. Never mind it was locked, the firearm was out of sight, and someone had to violate the sanctity of property rights in order to get it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm sad to say I've seen similar thoughts on INGO. :( It's the gun owner's fault his car was broken into and its contents stolen. Never mind it was locked, the firearm was out of sight, and someone had to violate the sanctity of property rights in order to get it.

Well, we aren't all the same. Anymore than all women, all anti-gunners, Democrats, Republicans, etc.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    My opinion only but once you take a step to break the law all bets are off. You have no rights. We as a society tell criminals one type of crime is not so bad another a little worse etc. Then expect the victims to act accordingly. There should be no protection by the law of anyone breaking into a home even if the door is wide open. Step into someones home uninvited and all bets are off. There should be no recourse for any liability against the home owner period. Those type of law suits should never be allowed.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, we aren't all the same. Anymore than all women, all anti-gunners, Democrats, Republicans, etc.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I certainly wasn't trying to imply it applied to INGO in general. Just that even here on INGO, where most of us blame the criminal for the crime, there is still a small segment who blames the victim. And if it happens on INGO, it shouldn't come as any surprise that it's as pervasive in the general population as it is. IOW, yes, we really have sunk that low.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    Boy Oh Boy! I'll bet the family would've gladly replaced the stuff that their brother stole. Yup, so why don't you start with repairing the damage to the carpet and the window that he jimmied to get in? Yup, I bet that he would've told you, Hey man, I'm fixing to go rob this place... Yup!

I agree with some of the posts, this is exactly what's wrong with the attitude of the country right now.

I'm glad that Uncle Mitch gave us some good protections with the new gun laws on the books. Now we just need to keep politicians from repealing them.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The homeowners should have just ran, far far away from their own house and as fast as they could have.:rolleyes:

We're lucky we can say these things in jest here in the United States. This is actually what people in the UK are required to do. A few years ago, I had an conversation with a British fellow, who was around 60. He told me all about how he grew up with guns, hunted, and was free to defend himself. He further lamented that the streets are full of criminals who realize that law abiding citizens won't resist their attacks. Great Britain is a society that rewards and protects vile degenerate parasites. I fear we're headed down the same, dark road.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Wow. The criminal's family is just not right in the head.
    Hmmm... Three brothers and a sister, all with different names. Definately not the traditional nuclear family. I'm sure the results of other unusual breeding patterns are screwing with the genetics in that family.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    :orly:

Let's explore that avenue of possibilities for a moment...

Carson breaks in, Dillons wake up, go downstairs without a gun, confront the burglar, who then jumps at them, beating both of them to a bloody pulp, taking another $1,700 in merchandise with him as he leaves. At the hospital, they find Carson's DNA under Ms. Dillon's fingernails and in wounds on Mr. Dillon's knuckles. After many weeks of recovery on the Dillons' parts and investigation on the police's part, they have a name to prosecute. After all of the expense of arrest, processing, trial, and incarceration, the Dillons finally have the names of Carson's next of kin.

What, exactly, do you think those people would do if the Dillons presented them with a bill for stolen property and medical expenses, plus lost wages and incidental expenses arising out of their need to deal with their brother's criminality? Honestly? You think they would be all that eager to pay up in exchange for having their sibling still in the world of the living, but behind bars?

If you think Carson's family members would seriously pay up in earnest, you're more screwed up than they are.

Pretty much what I was thinking when I read that little gem.

"Excuse me, do you by chance have a wealthy brother? Ok, give me his phone number, I'd like to see if he's willing to fax over some legal documentation that he's willing to reimburse me for everything you're stealing, then we'll get you on your way. That TV's pretty heavy, do you need a hand?"

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Never really thought about this. The grief one may feel after shooting someone, then to consider how their family may respond. He still did the right thing. It just doesn't always feel good, I guess.

Top Bottom